Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
AU
State
Melbourne
Hey guys, I'm new here but was looking to get some insight to see if i do or do not have Fibromyalgia and to help you, i'll provide a little backstory.

Im 22 years of age, Male.
My father has had this illness diagnosed going on some 10 years now, but has had the symptoms since he was 24 (he's 56 now)
He believes i have it and wants me to get checked out which i will be doing.
I have a prolapsed disc, right sided sciatica and in 2016 i lost my best friend in a car accident and it messed me up REALLY bad.
both these events occurred at the same time almost. i was doing research and it says, genetics, Physical and mental trauma have roles to play in the development of fibro (so i check all those boxes)
I have felt horrid for the last year but assumed it was the prolapsed disc, i can't sleep well anymore no matter how hard i try, my brain doesn't shut off, it's like im in so much pain it won't let me rest. im tired ALL the time and this isn't due to the lack of sleep because some days i do manage to get a good 8-10 hour sleep in but still wake up feeling drained and as if i've gone on a triathlon the day before. i have depression(i won't delve into that, as it's painful to speak about) i also get sharp shooting pains in my shoulder area, my neck, i get bad headache (even though im well hydrated) my hips, my lower back, my arms, my legs. it just hurts all over including the fatigue. i recently burned my hand because i forgot that i put the kettle on and for some reason felt it to check if i did because i forgot and burned my hand rather badly my dad said he does this all the time, has lapses in memory. i can't do all that much and i feel useless, i just want to know what's going on so i can move on and deal with it as best as possible. if anyone can give some insight it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance! - Jacob

I think your dad sound very convincing, judging by your explanation it worth to check it through and through just to be clear for sure since you'll need to rule out every other possibility that might be anything else not just for the safety but also for the sake of your sanity too. Cause when your mind wondering is it fibro or is it isn't your condition will get a lot worsen just by simply doubting it. It took me years to accept that I have fibro but I'm glad I went through and rule everything out of the way and not just trust anyone judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back