Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
NY
Today, I have finally gotten the Fibro diagnosis. "I" have known I have had it for years. I am unable to work because of the pain and fog, and no sleep. But of course SS doesn't believe in all that either. I had high hopes of finally going to the Rheumatologist today and being able to start my road to feeling better. But apparently my back pain, all over pain, depression, sleep apnea, anxiety, etc. is all due to me being fat. What I need is a good doctor in the Central New York area who is actually willing to at least listen to me and help me come up with a course of treatment. Sorry about all that, but this Dr. pissed me off.

Hi dazed and confused, love the name, I love that movie! Lol

First, let me just say, how dare that Dr! The nerve of some of these Dr's now a days never siezes to amaze me! They can be so rude and uncaring! You will find that many members here have also had horrible experiences with Dr's, myself included, and it's just not right! The medical community lacks compassion most of the time!
Now, I don't know your weight situation, but one might assume, because a lot of chronic pain suffers experience weight gain because of the pain.. Please don't take that the wrong way! I don't mean it negatively, I promise, what I mean is, I too have gained weight due to pain and medications and lack of exercise etc. I had a Dr once tell me that I am "borderline obese", mind you I'm am tall and muscular, at 180 lbs and a size 9/10 due to my big caboose (well I think it's big... Lol) but most people guess me to weigh 150ish! (Before my car accidents a few years ago I weighed approximately 160/165 and was extremely muscular and active, as I worked at a local beer shop and was the only female there and I could lift a half keg (largest size we sell and extremely heavy!) higher than half of the guys I worked with! Once I had my car accidents though, I slowly started gaining weight... I actually got upto 210/215 about last summer, around the time I saw this jerk of a Dr, and people still guessed I only weighed 160 max because I'm tall and wear it very evenly over my body, I'm now down to 180ish over the past year.) I wanted to slap that Dr! I left the office in tears because I couldn't understand how someone could be so cruel! Yes I had gained weight, but it wasn't a substantial amount, certainly not enough to make me "borderline obese!" of course she was going by her BMI scale... And had no tact or class about her statement!....
My point though is that instead of being a complete a$$ to you, he could have definitely approached the situation differently! I'm am so sorry he did that to you!
Please don't let this Dr's ignorance and rudeness discourage you or keep your spirits down...

I'm in wny, not sure how close you are of a drive to the wny area, but if you are, private message me and I can give you a few names of rheumatologists in my area that are understanding and not a jerk!

Also, since you're new here, let me say, I'm so sorry you had to join us, but so very very Glad you found us because you are not alone! Everyone here is just wonderful, caring, understanding, knowledgeable, and great listeners! Poke around the old and new posts, as you will find so many great things, tips and tricks, treatments, and this is a great place to vent as it is a judgement free zone! I hope you'll join I frequently and enjoy the many new friends you've got now!
-Katie :D

Ive been on here for less then a month. It has been a gift from God. And Katie has been God's right hand angel. She is very helpful.

No your not having these problems cause you are over weight. When I devoloped fibro, my father had just died. I worked at Lowes, as a night stocker. Lifting and stocking the heaviest products in the store. I wasnt pencil thin, but most of my fat weight was gone. Then one day I got a headache. And it never went away. Now I have fibro and a whole hosts of other issues. While over weight may not help (knees, lower back) loosing weight wont fix everything. So dont believe the docs that blame weight for everything.

And we are glad your here now. you no longer have to walk in the shaddows alone. we are here for you.

Ive been on here for less then a month. It has been a gift from God. And Katie has been God's right hand angel. She is very helpful.

No your not having these problems cause you are over weight. When I devoloped fibro, my father had just died. I worked at Lowes, as a night stocker. Lifting and stocking the heaviest products in the store. I wasnt pencil thin, but most of my fat weight was gone. Then one day I got a headache. And it never went away. Now I have fibro and a whole hosts of other issues. While over weight may not help (knees, lower back) loosing weight wont fix everything. So dont believe the docs that blame weight for everything.

And we are glad your here now. you no longer have to walk in the shaddows alone. we are here for you.

Snckrs, you're such a sweetie! Lol thanks!

Katie, I'm not sure how to private message you. But I am about 60-70 miles from downtown Rochester. I am 35 miles from downtown Syracuse, so going to Rochester is not that big of a deal, just go 104. Took my daughter to U of R for back surgery because they were better. Only problem is Rochester is "out of network". But I am open to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back