Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
TX
Hi. I've not formally been diagnosed with FM but my doctors are entertaining the idea. While I don't want to take any more meds other than Gabapentin, I'm really starting to consider it. I am limited on taking NSAIDs due to GERD, so my options are limited right now.
I noticed the pain gets bad when I'm worried and when there is overcast. The aching pain in my butt, hips, and legs keeps me up at night. I read EPSON baths help and so I tried it...it worked for a little while. I don't see a psychologist or counselor but perhaps I should. Life has been so eventful with death and sadness lately, I wonder if this could be a trigger. Any thoughts?

yes, stress=pain! you do need to find your triggers to the pain and avoid them. the gabby your taking should be helping. what meds are the docs thinking of giving you?

You said:my doctors are entertaining the idea.

They must check you for other stuff first like lupus and MS.
If you look up neuropathy you will find the same symptoms as fibro there too. so you see why its hard to diagnose FM.
you may also be having muscle spasms in those places you mentioned. are you on a muscle relaxer?

read the posts and learn from them. start your daily log book ASAP.

Good luck.

Cmetryme,
Thank you for feedback. My rheumatologist is hesitant to put me on other meds too but she has talked about Savella. I've been worked up and down over the last 5 years. The diagnosis I have aquired include hiatal hernia, mild sleep apnea, GERD, Celiac, and Vitamin D & B-12 deficiencies. Unfortunately FM mirrors many other disorders so I'm sure that's why I haven't been given the FM diagnosis. I started a journal to identify triggers, that's been helpful. I'm such a mess, lol.
Today was better, tolerable pain, so I'm hoping I'll have a few days of relief...until the next front or change in weather.
Thanks for listening :)

im so glad you started the journal. it will help you. we are all here to listen to you. keep posting because you found a place where folks understand your pain and care about each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back