kmpisces

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Who do you feel is the most supportive in your life in terms of your Fibro? Would it be your spouse? Parents? Someone else? Are you someone who actually has a doctor that you find very supportive every step of the way? I am just wondering about all this.

My biggest supporter is my husband. He does everything he can to help me, hired a house cleaner,always reminding me to take it easy,and he picks up on my body language and knows when I am having a bad day.

My biggest supporter is also my husband. I don't know what I would do without him. I am very grateful. Like TinaL, he knows when I'm having a bad day, but sometimes I'll just say "I don't feel good today and he gives me a hug and that seems to make everything better. He also tells me to rest when I need to and don't overdo it. I listen to him and also have learned to listen to my body. If I don't rest when my body says to, I will pay for it later in the form of more pain, and I think we can all agree, we don't want or need anymore pain!

My husband tries to understand, but he seems to often forget what I'm going through. My eldest daughter is actually the one who puts her support into action more often. She does a lot of my housework and some of the cooking for the family. I am blessed to have her.

My mom, hands down! My mom is my biggest supporter in terms of everything! She does everything she can do for me, and I think she is the only person in this world who truly cares about me. I can easily see that because her actions :) My mom is my everything, I only hope I can pay her everything she has done for me one day, specially when she needs my help and gets older. She's amazing! The most important person in my life, no doubt.

Who do you feel is the most supportive in your life in terms of your Fibro? Would it be your spouse? Parents? Someone else? Are you someone who actually has a doctor that you find very supportive every step of the way? I am just wondering about all this.

It's mixed for my friends with fibro and other intense pain issues. One is not married and her mom is definitely her biggest supporter... 24/7 constantly. For my friend who *is* married, her husband is her biggest support system, and her kids and friends to a less degree, but still supportive.

I haven't really heard about anyone having their doctor as their biggest support, but if family doesn't "get it" I can see it happening.

I am glad that everyone has those who are supportive. My husband passed away. He was so supportive. i am fortunate to have a really supportive family. My parents, grandparents and friends are really good to me.

Sadly, my husband is not my biggest supporter. Our lives are so busy with kids, work, etc, that he forgets that I am in pain, doesn't notice it or acknowledge it. My biggest supporter is my 8 year old son, who when I'm on the couch asks me if I'm ok, if it's ok that our toddler sits on top of me, brings all the laundry down for me and takes out the garbage. Just him asking how I'm feeling every day makes me smile. He's great.

My 2 biggest supporters are my husband and my doctor. My GP handles my fibro pain management, b/c I got nowhere with the 2 rheumies I was diagnosed by. This GP has told me on several visits that it's very important to him to help me manage my pain. :)

My husband, while at first didn't understand this, and seemed to lose patience with me, now has turned about 180 degrees in the opposite direction. He, too, helps with cleaning chores around the house, and is very understanding and flexible when I don't feel like cooking. I realize I'm extremely blessed to have both!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back