Does Anyone Else On The Planet Have Sjogrens ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinderr

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
WI
It's all in the same family--sjogrens and fibro; many of the same symptoms and problems but I wonder what is unique to sjogrens? For instance, has anyone else lost their sense of smell? Intense thirst? Dry eyes? Dry everything?
Unlike fibro, sjogrens can be determined by a blood test but like fibro, it is nasty!

I've heard most of the people who have this disease are women :( I don't have this disease, but I know someone who does, and guess what? She happens to be a female as well! She suffers from dry eyes as well, but so do I (I had a laser surgery when I was just 18!).

I have to go back to rhemu. to get mine confirmed but eye doctor said it looks like sjogrens won't know for sure till november, but the dry mouth is aweful

Wow, never met anyone who had it but me. Has it affected your friends joints? It doesn't usually but Venus Williams and I are the lucky ones who get the joint pain as well as the dry mouth and dry eyes. Every joint aches terribly and it is in the auto immune family, too. There was a point they though I had MS, so many similarities.

Awful indeed. i drink one case of bottled water per day! Of course, i refill them or it would be very expensive. Sjogtren's is detected with a blood test; your primary physician can order that. The rheumo will take better care of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back