Not open for further replies.

RomanAnthonysMama

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
massachusetts
Luckily, I'm on a break from school, so I haven't been faced with missing any school lately, but a good friend of mine got diagnosed with fibro when she was very, very young. I remember it was so hard for her to get through school, because her attendance record was never up to par. She was in so much pain that some mornings, she could hardly get out of bed. If you're currently in school and suffering from Fibromyalgia, do your professors understand what your condition is, and how debilitating it can be? Professors that have open hearts and minds are such a blessing when it comes to conditions like this. Or do you do something like participate in online schooling so that it's not as much of a problem?

I started having severe fibro problems when I was already out of school. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have this while still a youth. I can image that it would lead to kids missing some school. I hope that the schools work well with students in this situation.

I'm lucky I was already out of school when I first started to develop the fibro symptoms, back then they were very mild. I'm glad I never got to miss school for that reason, there were other reasons tho... I missed some days from work in the past thanks to fibro, back then I thought it was nothing and that it'd pass! I'm still having a hard time trying to believe I have this... right now my neck is killing me by the way! Neck pain is one of the most debilitating ones... I haven't been able to sleep for a couple of days thanks to that!

I actually have had Fibro since I was a teenager, but was never able to be properly diagnosed until this month. I'm 36! Getting through school was difficult, but I didn't have a choice. I needed to graduate. Most professors don't care the reason unless you've had surgery or someone has died. My Fibro was at its worst during my school years due to all the stress and lack of sleep. I had migraines almost every day and muscle spasms. I'd go to chiropractors to try to get some relief. With all this new research and Fibro now being recognized, hopefully your relative's teachers and college professors will be more understanding. It did get bad again 8 years ago with my pregnancies and now other symptoms have come up as well.

It's best to communicate these kinds of things to your teacher. Of course, they would ask for medical certificate and if you have been diagnosed officially, this should not be a problem. Personally however, I still believe that inspite of the pain, you should still push yourself to keep on trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back