Not open for further replies.

ginjo12

Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
NY
Ayurvedic treatments are fast gaining popularity in the contemporary situation. There are many Ayurvedic ventures such as resorts, hospitals, massage centres and spas. Ayurvedic treatments are popular as they provide cure for the disorders of the hectic life. There are specific treatments for stress related disorders, tensions and fatigue. There are several different massages and ministrations administered to recover from fatigue. Massages are administered using herbal oils and decoctions. These massages are also effective against various aches. There are treatments for various ailments such as rheumatoid Arthritis, jaundice, Sciatica, acidity and gastric problems. Certain medicines are administered orally while others are smeared or poured over the body to facilitate massages. Ayurveda is a treasure trove of cure for all ailments. Tourists from all over the world visit Ayurvedic centres for cure from various ailments caused due to busy routines. There are Ayurvedic hospitals that diagnose various health problems and provide specific treatments. These treatments are also affordable. But there is lack of awareness about it. Ayurveda has many patrons for its simple and healthy treatments. Those who have been cured of the diseases vouch by it. There are patrons for Ayurveda within India and also abroad. Ayurvedic treatments are also popular with the elder generation. There are many of them who seek only Ayurvedic treatments for any of their ailments.

Hi. I was wondering how you pronounce it? I have never heard of it but doubt it could "cure' fibro. I'd be in, if it could. It may give relief for it, that is good too. Where does one find a spa?

Has the person you care for, with fibro, tried this? How did that go? You are not a stranger to fibro so maybe you know something we don't. Please advise.

While I have not tried this form of massage, I do know that some forms can be very helpful in relieving tight sore muscles. Even the massage used with physical therapy can take the tightness out of muscles and ease back and neck pain. This sounds interesting and although it is stated as a certain clinic for massage often local health stores can direct you to someone who uses herbs and oils, and candles, all which sound similar in the focus of providing an relaxing enviroment where one can melt into a mellow state.

Thanks for sharing ginio12. Welcome to the forum.

It is pronounced:

I-ur-vey-da

I know that Ricky Williams left the NFL years ago to practice and eventually teach ayurveda in Australia. I haven't tried it myself but I have heard great things about it. It is supposed to make you more flexible, centered and pain free. I am surprised that it hasn't grown more in popularity by now.

Ayurveda is best for things you cannot see on medical imagery. Another way to look at it is to compare your condition to a broken bone. If Ayurveda cannot heal a broken bone faster than the body would without intervention, it will not work for pain requiring opioid medication management.

I started out using natural and alternative remedies back in 1984 or 1986, with Ayuveda being one of those attempts at managing my condition without using pharmaceuticals. I think that was just after I tried acupuncture. I think Ayurvedic treatments work well for people who like being pampered and have lots of time.
There are specific treatments for stress related disorders, tensions and fatigue
This is where Ayurveda is most effective. Problems falling under stress and fatigue respond to massage, regardless the country or culture applying the massage.
There are treatments for various ailments such as rheumatoid Arthritis, jaundice, Sciatica, acidity and gastric problems. Certain medicines are administered orally while others are smeared or poured over the body to facilitate massages.

Many herbal preparations are made from plants bearing the active ingredients that pharmaceutical companies concentrate for delivery in pill or injection forms. Just as White Willow bark provides pain relief with the same active ingredient found in aspirin (salicylic acid) many alternative treatments contain compounds, used in concentrated forms, by western medicine.

This is why you should be sure to talk with a pharmacist about your medications before undergoing other therapies involving substances that can enter the circulatory system through the skin, by drinking teas, or are considered "supplements".

Ayurveda can provide relief but I am very cautious when hearing that word "cure". Temporary relief is not a cure, and substances being labeled "natural" and "herbal" does not mean they lack the active ingredients people think they avoid by using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back