Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
FL
Hello All.

So glad I found this forum.

Just diagnosed with Fibro last week after what seems like progressively worse symptoms that now consist of mild to severe joint and muscle pain, achiness, headaches, brain fog and memory problems and over all feeling crappy like I have the flu.

Rheum prescribed Lyrica, which I've been on for 4 days. 50mg at night for 2 weeks then 75mg. So far not helping with pain, making me very groggy and slow in the morning. A little concerned about that weight gain everyone talks about but so far no gain (I'm on Weight Watchers)

Signed up for gentle yoga classes, plan to reduce my stress (I work full time 10+ hrs, have a side jewelry business and do my husbands bookkeeping). giving up the jewelry bus for a while and reducing my work week. Plan to take intermittent FMLA so I can leave early or take time off when I'm having a bad day. Hoping that will all help with the flare ups.

Not thrilled with the Rheum Doc, but it's only been a few weeks so, i'll give it time.

Really happy to be here!

Welcome to the forum! Sorry for the circumstances, but glad you found us! This is probably one of the best forums I've ever seen for fibro.

I hope you get the support you need here. Again, welcome! :)

Welcome to the forum. It makes me sad to hear that daily more people are diagnosised with fibro. By now I would have hoped that a reason for this illness would have become known and something that we could change in our own lives to lessen the pain or just make it all go away would emerge. But that is not happening and so we all have to support one another until answers to why can be answered by the experts.

This forum tries very hard to make an effort to supply answers to all questions. Everyone here either has fibro or has a friend or relative, that has fibro. All have unanswered questions that only those who suffer from this illness can provide. Whether it be about medications or pain management, fatigue or countless other strange symptoms, we all do our best to share what we know. We try to explain what we do to help our condition and what works and what does not.

So please jump right in and ask questions and give answers to others. That is what makes a good forum work. Please feel free to post anywhere on the forum. There are management topics and hobbies, ways to share about your day or just giving yourself the freedom to vent and rant.

Look forward to seeing your name around the forum. :)

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad yo found us! If you have any question, please feel to ask! This is a great place to find and give support when it's really needed :) This community is a very friendly and open one, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay :)

Sorry to hear you were just diagnosed, I think it's good you are trying to see how it goes with the meds. They didn't really work for me, as you said... I was also afraid about the side effects! I hope this isn't the case and it works out great for you! By the way, reducing your stress levels is a great call!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back