MissyBea

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
Hello,

I was online reading and came across an article on the Oprah website about Treatment of Fibromyalgia. The article talks about acupuncture, diet, and psychological aspects, I found that it was interesting that the approach based on nutrition had such a high improvement rate. This theory suggested that taking supplements and exercising should have a huge impact on the well-being of the person with Fibro.

Can it be that simple? My mom suffers with Fibro and has for many years. It would be a blessing to let her know that if she takes some all natural supplements for hormone imbalances, sleep, energy and immunity,that she will start feeling a lot better!:-o

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Missy Bea

I'm totally in when it comes to a natural approach. I don't like the idea of being ensalved to pain meds, but I know they are sometimes very necessary. I think a huge factor here is weight, ever since I lost my extra weight my fibro is better. At least my hips are no longer killing me, so aren't my knees.

As for your question, no, I don't think it's that simple, but finding a good holistic doctor can help a lot! I believe exercise and a good diet can help a lot! I'm still trying to find a good doctor to help me with my health issues (incluiding fibro); finding a way to manage the condition in a natural way is the best approach (in my opinion).

IT would be wonderful if natural treatments worked for everyone, but natural remedies can prolong the agony, for many.

Pain is complex and fibromyalgia has yet to be taken with the same serious attitudes that other painful conditions are. There are still doctors who "creep up" on treating symptoms instead of providing aggressive and effective pain management from the beginning.

I have found that many of the improvements attributed to changes in diet relieve other discomforts that add to fibro pain, but do not actually alter fibromyalgia's symptoms. This does not mean these natural treatments less effective, it just means that they are not as effective against fibro as naturalists and homeopaths would have us believe.

Each person is different, as is each person's experience with pain. If supplements worked on a consistent basis, most of those doctors afraid of providing aggressive pain management would suggest them just as consistently.

Once I am approved for disability I will be doing aquasize for the fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease and hopefully have funds for a better diet for the diabetes. I will let you guys know how it works as I take meds for anxiety and diabetes but not for the fibromyalgia as I find they don't work.

Thank You all for sharing your thoughts!

I really wish that all doctors would treat fibromyalgia seriously. Its sad to know that some doctors will not treat it aggressively even if the person is in a lot of pain. Trellium, I can definitely see how weight can play a factor, my mother is working on that issue (which is very difficult for her). But as you stated MercyL, it is very true, pain is complex and is unique to each individual who is suffering with it. I hope that eventually my dear mum will be able to find some relief!

Good Luck DawnMS. What is aquasize?

Thanks,
Missy Bea

Aquasize is exercise in the water. Great workout but very low impact so it is great for people like us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back