Status
Not open for further replies.
Regular stretching and exercise would definitely help to maintain a person's body who has a Fibromyalgia. It would help also help to alleviate pain. I think it would also help to battle fatigue. Keep in mind that persons with this diseases should exercise and stretch with the recommendation of a doctor so as not to worsen the situation.

Today I was having awful headache caused my tense neck muscles, I worked out, after that I felt great! I thought I'd feel worse, but I actually feel very good! I feel less tense and my neck hurts much less! It's amazing what the right workout can do for you!

Yes, I have been stretching for many years. I like to do it in the swimming pool and before more strenuous exercises. I don't really feel right if I haven't stretched for a day or so. I immediately feel it. I also like going for a walk in the park and then do some light yoga exercises on the grass.
Every time I feel tired, I gently stretch and often feel instant energy coming back to me.

Stretching sounds so nice to do. I have always wanted to try Yoga, but afraid I would do it wrong and cause some problems. I think trying the Yoga from an instructor first would help with my confidence. My daughter is doing ballet and needs to stretch everyday and I think if stretched with her than we would both benefit from it. When I was exercising regularly with Pilates I felt a lot better. I think stretching is something worth trying to just feel better and relax your body.

When you work out you release endorphins so it is no surprise you felt better. I don't know if stretching alone makes you feel better . I just do it so I don't pull any muscles.

Stretching is great way to help before exercising. It really helps me a lot since I have back muscle ache.

After I was first diagnosed, I did some poking around online and found that yoga seemed to help a lot of people. So, I went to my public library and checked out a couple yoga DVDs and started doing them in the morning. Every morning, I'd wake up a little early and do some yoga. It was tough at first, and sometimes it meant pushing through the pain that was already there, but it honestly did help SO much.

If your local library carries DVDs they can be a great resource for getting started. If you'd rather look up videos online, there is a YouTuber named TaraStiles who posts some wonderful yoga videos. Some can even be done in bed, which is super helpful for early morning/night time routines, or times where you feel like getting out of bed is just too much.

I am really glad to hear that flightybird. I was about to say that in theory stretching should help, but I am glad that you are experiencing it, nothing like doing simple things that make us feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back