Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2001
Country
US
State
OH
Hi Im new today to the group and I have a situation I need some advice on. Hopefully someone can help. Well i was diagnosed with
Fibro and RA in 2001. I have had pain for a least that long and my RA doc has prescribed me pain meds for at least 10 years. Well I had to have a total knee replacement on Dec 4th of 2014 and my pain after surgery was not under control. I have had to take more pain meds because of this and end up running out a few times. My ortho does not understand the pain that I am going thru and refuses to help I dont want to take this med in the first place but i have to because along with the surgery my fibro pain is 100 times worse. They treat me like a criminal and I feel terrible about it. Well so far my PT isnt going so great because my knee is not bending all the way like it should they want it to be at 110 degrees flexion motion and im at around 85 so he has suggested a manipulation next Thursday I am scared to death! Not of the procedure but the pain i will endure after and not being able to get it under control. I dont know what to do. Can someone give me some advise?:(

They should send you to pain management and they can help with your medication and give you higher doses untill your pain is manageable. I too need both knees replaced but untill I cant walk anymore that is on the back burner. Hope this is some help and hope you can get some pain relief soon. Monica

I no all about knee ops and having to bend the knee .my knees pop out. It's unbelievable painful. So I had a op and at someone need another one. Anyway omg I had to have my knee in a brace that was bent alittle more every week, the hospital had me on morphin but it didn't do anything. Until
A Dr give me some kind of pain killer up the backside. Trust me if they offer u pain relief that way take it . But before next week comes ask talk to the Dr who did your knee and explain no one is touching my leg until I get pain relief .

Get to pain mgt. Sounds like you started PT
To soon. Surgeon can only prescribe so much
For so long. Your GP Can't even touch their meds
You need nor can your neurologist or rheumatologist
Under their license. Get with the hospital and get a
Referral to pain mgt. Tell them your pain level.
Remind the doctors its not about what they believe
Will work for you, its about what works for you.
Understand the doctors license is on the line
With each dose you take everyday. One doctor
Told me that its NOT a right to see a doctor its a
Privilege! So know you will need to see a few doctors
That believe in the oath they took.
Get help and keep us up to date on your
Visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back