Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
ind
State
sumatera selatan
Hello iam male age 29, i have been diagnosed for fibromyalgia after three year suffering. I have sleep dysfunction because of restless leg syndrom. How do you guys solve it, what medicine u take. My leg feel like playing football. Amitriptyline just recently dont work anymore :-(

Have you had your iron levels checked? Sometimes low levels cause restless legs, so iron supplements would help. You can try taking magnesium and folate supplements as well to see if this provides some relief. Hot baths before bed and heating pads can help as well. As far as medications, my doc says treating RLS is a lot like treating fibro; what works for some doesn't work for others. I'd do a search and talk with your doc about trialing a med. I think gabapentin, which is also used for fibro, is one medication that is used. For the most part, I manage mine with the supplements and heat. My doc also prescribed me a tiny bit of Ativan (0.5 mg) for my anxiety, which also works for restless legs. I don't use the Ativan often, about 3-4 times a month since it is a highly addictive drug. I'm glad to have it when I need it and I think just knowing that it is in my arsenal of "helpers" if needed minimizes how much I use it. The power of the mind can be a wonderful thing.

What level of amitripoline are u on. U may have to go up .im on 50mg atm

I am on 15 mg. But it cause side effect like impoten and drug alcohol effect at morning, unfocus at my job. If i take more than that i dont know whats goin on.

I will follow your sugestion to check magnesium and vitamin d level. Thx for the input.

I have been taking 10mg of pramipexole for 3 years and it keeps me from being up all night and I haven't had any RLS symptoms since starting, but it only treats the RLS. I forgot it on a 7 day vacation last year and all my RLS symptoms flared back worse then ever before. Sometimes you have to treat the syndromes individually before you can start to rest better then the pain is less and if you find a med that works in combination you may find you have more symptom free days or less pain. I hope this helps.

brahmatorry,

I have Periodic Limb Movement Disorder which is the same as restless leg syndrome but it effects all of my limbs. I was prescribed Ropinirole HCL approximately 5 months ago. Although this drug doesn't completely cure the symptoms of restless legs it makes one heck of a difference. Before I would have to try and go sleep 2-3 times before finally being able to fall asleep in my bed. Now, most days I'm able to fall asleep in 1-2 tries which is a huge relief from where I was. My wife has even commented that she sleeps much better as well since I'm not kicking and twitching near as much throughout the night. Don't get me wrong I still kick and twitch just not nearly as much and you'd be surprised at the difference it makes. You may want to mention this medication to your doctor to see if it may be a good fit for you. I believe Ropinirole was created for Parkinson's Disease and is a neurological drug however I've been told it's been around for a long time and is very safe. I don't seem to have any adverse side effects from this med. Not to beat a dead horse but this ins't going to completely cure restless legs but it makes a difference and with Fibro and everything that comes with it any positive is well worth it. I take one tablet after dinner or before bed each night and it's a pretty small dose (0.25 MG).

One other thing that helps me (non-medication) is jumping in the hot tub for 15-20 minutes before bed. It's a pain when your're feeling crappy but if you have the option and feel decent enough I would recommend trying it especially if you have had a bad day. Also this is a nice way to wind down with your significant other after a long day. You can ask your doctor to right you a script/recommendation for a hot tub then you can write it of on your taxes. Anyway, hope this helps.

How about enough magnesium intake. I don't have the Restless leg, but I've read enough how mag is vital. Glycinate or Malate or Citrate forms. I take daily 300mg of one of the above forms 3 times daily. J

Many work with mag to bowel tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back