Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
Synvisc One is for arthritic knees. I know it isn't specifically FM related but it is ME related. This one and only body I have is crumbling faster than I can keep up with.

I have read several reviews about it and it's a little more against than for. I suspect much of it is "operator" failure--the Dr. not doing it well enough. Then there are those few who have an allergic reaction. And then we have those who had a bad reaction more likely to share it than those that had a good experience.

I'm just feeling so terrible tonight that I can't even think about an added pain factor those injections may give me. I hate being like this and perhaps I should have put this all on the moan and vent section.

So if anyone has had any experience with it I'd appreciate the info.

Hi, as I understand it SynVisc is supposed to be a 3 series injections. I had the synvisc some yrs ago and went for the 2 series and didn't find them to help, so I stopped....Medicare paid, but so darn expensive and I had copays which I handled....but no relief that I can remember.

Then about 4 yrs ago after this mess of a hip replacement, which affected the same knee, my rheumy suggested trying again only this time Eufflexa and I did them and did the 3 sessions and again no real relief if any.

Some people have mentioned Orthovisc a different type solution, but I'm tired of trying these. My right knee is pretty darn nasty with OA and the fact that my replacement left me with shorter leg which caused stress on knee and foot/ankle....it's all connected...

What I'm still considering is Prolozone (oxygen/ozone) injections, you can look this work up.
And then there is PRP injections, blood taken from our arm and platlets removed and injected in joint (s). These work to regenerate new tissue in the joints...these are not covered by health insurance for the most part.

Wish I had more answers and I don't want knee surgery of any kind...these can make things worse for many and a long hard recovery. My hip replacement was such a disappointment and doing a surgery again gives me chills thinking about it.

I wear a knee support, I have a few types and lots of topicals and ibuprofen. Tonight I'm working on a new pair of shoes AGAIN for these arthritic feet that have gotten worse since replacement. All shoes hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back