Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
MI
I got scared of als cause I have twitches and weakness. I was seen by a neurologist who did an extensive exam. Said he is 100% sure it's not als and did not need an emg as if there were any neurological symptoms he would notice it right away on the exam and would promt testing. With that being said. Can fibro cause weakness in the thighs when walking? And anyone else get random twitching? And anyone else mostly left sided?

I avoid going up stairs and hills entirely. One flight of stairs and I get this numb pain on sides of my hips and thighs, more on the left, and it can be so bad I think I'm going to pass out. Sometimes with work I am hurrying and just take the stairs anyway because the elevator is so far away. If I stop at the top and concentrate on relaxing and tightening then relaxing those muscles a few times, I can then walk again. I also get more pain in my left foot and more electrical shocks in my left hand and back of the neck. That being said, I do have all of those things on the right side also, just more on the left.

I sometimes feel like my knees are going to give out. Occasionally when I am walking one of my knees will start to buckle, but then I catch myself. I've never actually fallen down.

I do get twitching on the outside of my thighs, but only after a walk. The post exercise twitching thing has been happening since way before I developed fibromyalgia. I always just figured it was my weird way to cool down.

Most of my symptoms are symmetrical unless I have overused a muscle group. I am right handed so I usually get overuse pain on my right side.

It's not so much pain it just feels like when you have did too many lifts and your muscles are that shaky weak feeling. Still the same?

I sometimes get that feeling in my hands when my symptoms are not well controlled, like when I'm really stressed out or haven't slept well. Occasionally I drop things when I feel like that. Sometimes I also get light tremors in my hands.

Once I got that feeling over my whole body. I was at Oregon Caves with my family. The tour of the cave is kind of strenuous with lots of bending and crouching and steps to climb. On the other had there is plenty of time to rest while taking in the sights in each cavern. About a fifth of the way along there is a place where you can exit. I decided I'd done enough. I found myself on the side ofa mountain with a beautiful view and time to kill so I did a little gentle hiking. I felt ok until I got back to the visitor center to rest. After a few minutes my whole body felt weak and shaky. I wound up sleeping really hard for about three hours that afternoon.

I'm not getting that feeling so much now that my stress is lower and I have some medications that work for me. I did go see my doctor about the tremors though. She thinks it is essential tremor which is annoying but harmless.

I have been frustrated with my thighs for several years now! I've described the feeling to my chiropractor and PCP and neither could explain what was wrong. I was told I needed to stretch and exercise even though that makes it worse! My quadriceps feel like they are on fire if I stand for longer than a minute or if I walk even short distances.

I twitch and jurk all the bloody time.i also get very weak feeling in legs and numb in my feet.
fibro will do this to u.

yes. i shake after going for a walk with a hired personal assistant. i am mdetermoned to build up strength as I am 52 and want to live the rest ofmy life as best I can. The hurt so much and I am not walking at a fast pace or very long. They did hurt a lot in the night but now I am on 60mg of longterm-12 hour oxycontin at bedtime. believe it or not it stop all lower body pain but doesn´t affect my shoulders which and upper armsor headaches which torture me all night long
. sorry you are feeling so poorly right now.-andee

andeap do you have side affects from oxycodin...it is not used much in the uk for fibro but like you i am tortured by pain day and night in my body

Brittany I definitely get that whenever I have to go up stairs too much, my thighs start to burn like when you're doing too much exercise and my legs overall start to feel sore and shaky if I stand up for too long.

Stairs, Oh how I hate stairs! Me and stairs do not get along at all! I try to avoid them at all times. I also have horrible leg weakness if I go up the stairs. My legs feel so wobbly after using them. And the next day I am so sore like I went up 100 flights of stairs! Usually is both sides for me after using stairs. With other pains, my right side is the worst, like DK engineer mentioned maybe because I am right handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back