Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Well thought I'd like u know I got my disability claim.
I'm not sure how long I have it but I'm so happy I did.

That was super quick forgetmenot. Well done good to know that people with this illnes are being given correct recognition of their situation.

How long did it take? I have been denied twice and have been waiting for 18 months. I won't have my hearing until June which will put me at 25 months and then who knows how long after that before I get an answer. Congratulations though. I'm glad you got it.

Well it took two weeks. Which is fast.but if u saw the waiting room full of ppl all walking about like nothing then u saw me with a stick taking 3 steps at a time ,we'll let just say I'm glad I was in rotten pain.

Wonder why you get it so fast in the UK and in the states it takes so much longer. I have known people who have waited 7 years or more before they receive it.

I have no idea. It seems if u pay insurance your worse off.im sure the uk will go that way one day sadly.

So glad to hear it Forgetmenot! What a relief. I know it can be very difficult with the various health issues surrounding fibro and fatigue. I was very lucky in the U.S. I got it the first time. I saw someone else ask how long it takes. It's a minimum of about 5 months. Which is the same amount of time for the state's waiting period. So if a person applies in January, the first check wouldn't even come through until 5 months later. I blew through all of our savings waiting. I had just started contacting the mortgage company because we wanted to keep the house. We hadn't heard and were out of savings. The bank called me back and said they'd work with us, and by a miracle, I was contacted by Social Security!

Good luck to those of you still waiting. I pray it gets resolved soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back