Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
british columbia
Hi all, I have been having tingling sensation on my body. It all started when I had anxiety while I was having lower back pain for a couple of months. Now I am taking nortripline. 20 mg and keep working as a full time teacher. I am coping with it and some days are better but some days are worse. I found weather change might make it worse.

I have heard that fibro will not get worse, but some people said their symptoms got worse over time....I wonder if it's true that fibro will not get worse...that means...what I am having now is all I have...it won't get worse? If that's the case, I can still work... I found myself feel more positive and less stressful when I work. I love my job so much that I think working makes me feel better.

Does anyone work full time? Also, will there be cases of mild fibro? Will fibro symptoms gone into a remission state if I learn to manage it?

I found it hard to manage cos I really don't k ow what triggers it..... please your feedback is appreciated!!

Hi kiukit, welcome

I work full time. Like you, I find working helps. It distracts me from dwelling on my symptoms, and the positive social interactions and emotional rewards of a job well done both make me feel better.

There are more severe and less severe cases of fibromyalgia. For example, many people on this forum have more severe fibromyalgia than I do.

Some people have experienced symptoms that get worse over time. I met a lady a few weeks ago who said her fibromyalgia had gotten better over time.

There is a lot to learn about fibromyalgia - it is a confusing, complicated condition. Have you had any classes or read any books? There are several that give a good overview. "The First Year: Fibromyalgia" by Claudia Craig Marek and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fibromyalgia" are both good books to start with.

I recommend you start keeping a logbook of your symptoms. By writing down what you are doing to manage your fibromyalgia and how you are feeling can may find patterns and see what works for you.

Thank you so much for your reply. I always want to write down my symptoms and what makes it worse/better..Should I do one entry daily? Or should I log down every one hour? What should the format be like?

what kind of symptoms do you have?

Thanks!

Hi kiukit, welcome

I work full time. Like you, I find working helps. It distracts me from dwelling on my symptoms, and the positive social interactions and emotional rewards of a job well done both make me feel better.

There are more severe and less severe cases of fibromyalgia. For example, many people on this forum have more severe fibromyalgia than I do.

Some people have experienced symptoms that get worse over time. I met a lady a few weeks ago who said her fibromyalgia had gotten better over time.

There is a lot to learn about fibromyalgia - it is a confusing, complicated condition. Have you had any classes or read any books? There are several that give a good overview. "The First Year: Fibromyalgia" by Claudia Craig Marek and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fibromyalgia" are both good books to start with.

I recommend you start keeping a logbook of your symptoms. By writing down what you are doing to manage your fibromyalgia and how you are feeling can may find patterns and see what works for you.

I'm going to start working full time soon, hopefully :) I feel better than before, sadly I am now dealing with 2 bulging discs, so the pain in my groin area is almost always there. I honestly beleive that if you have managed to keep on working up to this point, there is no reason to beleive that will change :) Just relax and keep focusing on the positive side of everything. You shall be ok. Plus, many of us apart from fibro also have issues in the spine... spine issues aqre common, so maybe that is why some people report worsening symptoms.

Sorry for the slow reply - I've been having a demanding week at work.

To answer your questions, I think with a little experimentation you will find the way to keep a log that works for you. I started out just writing everyday, kind of like a journal about my body. As I noticed patterns I added a little structure to make it easier to write about the things I think are important. Now I am basically filling in a form every day.

For me it helps to think about inputs and outputs. Inputs are things that change your fibromyalgia severity (for example, foods, medications, relaxing activities, stressors, sleep weather, overdoing it, etc.). Outputs are how your fibromyalgia makes feel (for example, pain, anxiety, dopey-ness, IBS, insomnia, etc.).

I tend to log throughout the day. The severity of my symptoms changes 2 to 3 times a day. I keep my notes on my phone so it is easy to update them during the day. However, some folks have symptoms that don't change much, so they might only log once a month.

The important thing is to find a frequency and format that is easy for you so you will keep logging. .

Hi DK what do you use on your phone to log your symptoms? I need a more convenient method to log as my symptoms can change throughout the day. Thanks!

I've just been using Evernote. Evernote works for me because it is really flexible. It lets you keep notes in different notebooks. I keep templates in one notebook (so they are easy to find) and my actual entries in another notebook. To start a new entry I just duplicate my most recent template into the entry notebook and fill it in.

thank you for the tip DK! i haven't heard of this app before but i'll check it out!

ps. sorry for the late response been dealing with a flare ;)

Sorry to hear that - I hope you are feeling better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back