Wondering if I have Fibromyalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Thanks a lot for your help. Yeah, I have been thinking about going to one. Because the other thing that I have wondered if I may have is fibromyalgia. I seem to have pain on all the points that are required and what not. Also, I noticed that Fibro and Sleep Apnea usually seem to go hand in hand. The only reason the sleep apnea worried me, was because I have both obstructive and central. I had heard that ALS causes central. But, from what I have read on various posts on this site, I guess that ALS doesn't really cause central sleep apnea? I knew that atrophy was a loss of muscle, I just didn't really know the particulars on it. I wasn't sure if it meant that the muscle feels weak and causes it to eventually not work at all, or if it just pretty much is instantly paralyzed. I think that circulation issues could be very plausible, my feet sometimes go temporarily numb. Not like fully numb, but tingly and partially asleep.

Re: Looking for opinions.

Your throat symptoms are likely a mild sore throat--NOT ALS. Fibromyalgia can cause a lot of things--I've had it for over 30 years. Sleep problems, tiredness, widespread pain above and below the waist, higher levels of pain in things that most won't find really painful. General feeling of "death warmed over" is pretty common. Depression is often seen with it as well--there are various schools of thought whether the depression causes the other issues or vice versa. They HAVE found that those with fibro have increased nerve impulse signals making us hurt. It's easy to diagnose--and again--diagnosed after OTHER causes of problems are ruled out. I don't remember your age--but hair loss and color changes on the skin mean something--and should be checked.

Nothing you've written sounds like ALS, though--so see if you can find a good fibro doc and get those other tests suggested, such as lymes.

Re: Looking for opinions.

Thanks notme, Fibromyalgia has been a thought in my mind since I started getting these symptoms. My father-in-law has it and I saw some of his symptoms in me. Lately, my legs have been feeling as if I walked a few miles a day when in actuality the only walking that I do is down a few blocks and then back. My legs feel like the time that I walked the distance of a half marathon. It aches right around my knee caps, down my calves and down the top of my feet. Every now and then I will put weight on my feet and feel a tingling pain run down it (similar to the pain people get in their hand with carpel tunnel). My neck has been hurting, especially when I turn my head, I have been getting really bad cold chills, my stomach has been off and I have been twitching constantly. I almost wonder if it is the flu, as it came on very suddenly. I don't think that any of that matches up with ALS. I am set to go to my doctor next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back