Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very fortunate to live in Washington state where medicinal marijuana has been legal since 1996, and recreational pot was legalized and just implemented this past July. I use Blue Dream strain during the day. It stops the pain and elevates my mood, which makes life awhole lot more enjoyable. I use cannabis CBD tincture at night to get to sleep, unfortunately I still wake up at @ 3:00 am. I have been looking for a certain strain called Catatonic, which will literally put you into a deep sleep. The local dispensaries are currently not carrying it, but come Oct. When the plants are harvested, I should be able to buy some. There are literally over 200 strains of pot between sativas, indicas and hybreds. Pot is being grown with specific needs, such as relaxation, to de-stress, for sleep, for pain, etc. You name an illness, and you can probably find a strain of pot grow for that purpose. The legal growers know the exact amount of thc, cbd, cbn, etc. in their crops. If your curious, you can checkout a online mmj site at weedmaps dot com or hightimes got com for info on different strains. I am looking into starting a cbd business so I can get product costs down to where it is affordable for most patients. The health benefits are great. I am NOY trying to sell anything here but I just want to help educate others with chronic pain and other illnesses to the use of mmj and CBD's.

Woah, lots of info! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for this to become legal in my state as well. I would love to use the strain you mentioned to get a better sleep at night. My mom would so very much benefit from that one too!

:-D I don't know, but I would LOVE to find out. lol
I'm assuming it would make you feel generally "good" no matter what, which could possibly make your pain less noticeable. I know that when I have nerve-related pain, Xanax seems to lessen it. I think it's because it relaxes my mind, and then my mind can't focus on the pain as much. Xanax makes you think of.....well, not much of anything. It just makes you focus on what's right in front of you, like the TV, your dog, a Halloween pumpkin, whatever. That's what I like about it. I'm guessing medical marijuana just might work that way too.

I recently went off all prescription meds and started Medical MJ. For me personally its been a difference between rarely leaving the house to back to my old on the go self. I do not need to use much either. I am still in pain but its better and all around I feel better so its been a positive experience for me.

P.S. I never feel "high". I guess if I smoked it I might but so far I have not. Thats a great thing for me since I am a mom and I am busy I dont have time for fibro lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
In some research I have found that Med. MJ, does in fact help those sufferers of chronic pain including MJ with more of the CBDs than THC which is the active psy ingredient. Pills have more side effects and cause more damage to our internal system but we all know that we are money for the Big Pharma because of chronic pain suffering. I have also found that natural supplements like magnesium, 5 HTP helps those with pain, though it does not take away your pain but makes you take less of pain pills. The proper diet with less of the processed junk also improves things with exercise and medication that does not make you feel like you are a walking zombie. To be honest I hate pills, but until some states like mine allows medical use of MJ, then I am stuck taking that pill junk.

It's not legal in my country, but the person who I know with the condition tried it when she was on vacation in Amsterdam, and she said that she will be campaigning for legalisation for medical use. She has struggled to find a medication that can take her pain and anxiety away from her, and she is always thinking about her condition, every day of her life. But she said that for about an hour after taking marijuana, she found that her pain was improved tremendously (though not taken away completely) and she was able to stop worrying about it for the very first time since was diagnosed several years ago. So I do think that there is room for discussion in any country where it is not yet legal.

It helps for patients diagnosed with glaucoma I believe. Also it helps alleviate certain types of pain. I had no idea it could be used for fibromyalgia. :!:

I think that medicinal marijuana should help get the pain away, but I believe that osteopathy can be more effective. Either cases, anything should be better than to be in pain or to use other drugs that damage other parts of our body, like the stomach or the intestines.

I was on all kinds, for depression, sleep, pain, you name it, anything they threw at me and thought would help. It was a very long and slow uphill battle with everything that was going on. I'm still trying to get over the weight gain but at least things are getting better.

I am new to this site and soooo tired of Fibro. I have been diagnosed for several years now and have tried every pill, physical therapy (which hurts), pool therapy ( too germy) and am tired of my doctors introducing pills while saying, I doubt it will work but try it. The only constant relief has been cannabis. I make oil from it and put it in my food. It really does help without giving you a "high" or buzz. I can't say it helps with everything but it does make me feel more relaxed ( i also suffer from very bad anxiety attacks). I am planning on a trip to Denver to learn more and possibly figure out how to sustain myself on this one passion I have. I've been in Human Resources Management for 20 years and now I have no passion for that or anything like reading anymore. I do feel passionate about the healthy benefits of MJ and want to promote it. I have run out of benefits and waiting on SSI. I really can't sustain myself financially but see such promise MJ. Any thoughts?

I am too tired of Fibro, I get depressed, my every nerve is on fire from the pain, I pass out from pain when it is great and I depend upon pills to help me function because medical MJ is not legal in my state. I am on permanent morphine because nothing else works. I tire of it.. I want off the meds but I also take magnesium that also makes me take less of it. Some thing in magnesium helps those with fibro.

Here is a study and a couple site for it

The Role of Magnesium in Fibromyalgia.

Magnesium

I hope this helps. I have been taking it and it does help me but it does not take away the pain but help manage with taking less of pain meds.

Not sure if it comes in a pill but it does come in forms to make a tea or in forms that you can cook with it.

Medicinal Marijuana does help alleviate the pain immensely. I've never used it back in my younger years, but it's really making life and couping with everyday routines a whole lot easier.

I am glad to hear that marijuana can help alleviate the pain, on top of that it brings good mood. How addicting is it though?

It may ease the physically pain but it won't give you and energy, which is what a lot of fibro sufferers are lacking. I would advise against it unless the physical pain is of an extreme level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back