Status
Not open for further replies.
Strain and counterstrain is a gentle manipulative therapy....you can look it up ..but i believe it was developed to release fascial restrictions in the body.
I just restarted it ..as the soft tissue of the hips seem to lock up..when this happens no amount of stretching will work it out but this therapy really helps.when i need fascial work though...its hard to wait weeks to get back in the schedule.

I just looked it up. I've actually had it used on me before. I just didn't know what it was called. I think it kind of worked. I have found better results with massage therapy, chiro and accupuncture. That's just my body's reaction....Thanks for clarifying! I hope you are having a good day......

I tried acupuncture once. I was seen by a very well trained acupuncturist and she told me some people just don't respond to it. She said it was almost like an allergy. It was more painful than any of the pain I've had over my lifetime. It burned and it didn't let up for days. It's not something I'd be willing to put myself through again.

The problem with acupuncture is that its's too expensive here in North America and a lot of times your ideally supposed to go do it at least 2-3 times a week for extended period of time to heal anything other than a quick headache or muscle tightness. That's how they do it in China, but here in North America, going once a week is already considered quite a bit.

If acupuncture is done properly than it is not as much as painful it seems. It feel relaxed after some time. It is best medicine that do not have any side effect.

I tried acupuncture once. I was seen by a very well trained acupuncturist and she told me some people just don't respond to it. She said it was almost like an allergy. It was more painful than any of the pain I've had over my lifetime. It burned and it didn't let up for days. It's not something I'd be willing to put myself through again.

Woah, when I tried it I felt no pain at all. I had to stop because that treatment was really costly. So sorry to hear you had such an awful reaction :( It sounds awful, I guess some people can't handle that well.

Accupunture actually helps a lot, it helps in relieving the pain, that is one therapy that I have seen working on my close friend, as long as you can get over the fear of the needles, then you can give it a try.

I will be honest that I have always been a little scared of getting this done because, I have a huge fear of needles. But, I tried it the other day and, let me say I felt so much better after it was done. You really can not even feel the needles oing in but, during it you feel some type of release of pain and tension.

Hmm, I am always so afraid of acupuncture. I never want someone to poke needles on me. It seems like it could work, my friend recommends it to everyone he knows.

I have been receiving Japanese acupuncture for nearly 20 years now for every possible ailment imaginable, but in particular to help me with the pain in my back. I would say that I am a bit of an expert on this subject. I am even thinking of undertaking formal studies to be able to practice it myself.
There are so many different aspects to consider when you are new to this ancient form of medicine, and looking for a competent practitioner.
I would say always go by your feeling and instinct. If a practitioner makes you feel uncomfortable, then he or she is probably not the right person for you and you should look elsewhere, as there is so much more to it than just having needles inserted into your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back