DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
Ny
Hi there
I was diagnosed last week with fibromyalgia and rhuemetoid arthritis as well as bursitis in my hips. I'm presently a school bus driver but the bouncing of the seat is aggravating the bursitis in my hips. I am just starting medication. My questions are:
Need to look for a new career - suggestions
New to medications - yikes! Where to begin and what to ask - no idea
Mom - keeping up and/or letting go
I carry the medical benefits for me and my children so to find a new job I need benefits - just to add insult to injury (no pun intended)
Thank you for any wisdom or guidance I can get

I'm also new to this forum and recently diagnosed ...I'm 31 years old and been dealing with this for 6 years I am a bartender/manager/do everything for the restaurant so I'm on my feet all the time I average 36-40 miles walked a day so I feel your pain! I know when my hips flare up (it's going to sound weird) but I sit in one of the high chairs out back ......the sturdy and firm surrounding I wedge my bit and hips into helps me a lot! So maybe if you could find someway to add support and also cushion like memory foam pad it would help?
As far as meds go they stopped me on what I was taking witch was 5mg Percocet 3times a day(I won't take more and it just dulls it doesn't stop it) and 30mg xr timerelease adderall combined they were super effective but wanted to try a new plan so I started Zoloft 4 days ago ....it's an adventure for sure I have had almost every side affect but from what I have read it goes away and might actually give me relief so my fingers are crossed but they also think I have on coming of MS so having the 2 not sure what to expect �� I will keep you updated on meds as I am going through them but adderall has calmed my body down the most so far I think it just stimulates all the nerves that are firing off like crazy and I also find I eat better and I sleep ALOT better so maybe it would hurt to bring it up to your doctor.
Look forward to hearing from you!

Wow, that is a lot of walking..... I am on a treadmill and I did 2 miles and I thought that was a lot. LOL Right now the doctor has me on gabapentin and I can say I'm not as tired but that is about it. Not sure I'm liking this journey to have to take meds 3 times a day seems cumbersome but I should be thankful there are meds. I'll keep you posted I'm only a week into this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back