DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
MI
Hello all.
Well today I officially got diagnosed. I feel relief knowing it's not cancer or MS or ALS. But I'm sad too because this pain and weakness depresses me so much. I used to be a Paramedic and also worked in the emergency dept. Now? I literally sit in my recliner all day. When I cook, I get exhausted. When I vacuum-- exhausted. I am taking Cymbalta and voltaren and tylenol4 and I have a prescription for Xanax for my extreme anxiety. I take a multi vitamin and a cholesterol med. Oh and Neurontin.

I get b12 injections occasionally.

I have an intense bone deep pain that makes me wish I was dead sometimes. By hands have recently decided to misbehave and I have not been able to open pill bottles or water bottles.
Sleep? What's that? I have the most restless nights IF I can fall asleep.

Well I hope all of you are well today. Please...share your symptoms with me? I need to know if what I feel is "normal"?
Oh and cold temperatures make me feel like I am being burned by an icy fire torch!

Hi Jonnie
Your not alone. I used to be a manager of a Subway. I was constantly running around and now I have to choose between washing my hair or shaving my legs. I can only do one thing in a day and then rest.
I also have trouble with opening any kind of bottle or jar. All we can do is take it one day at a time.
Gentle hugs
Patti

Hi Jonnie,
What you are describing sounds familiar. I was diagnosed because of an intense flare up. I had to ask other people for help to open anything including pill bottles, jars, and even doors. I couldn't drive and could barely walk. Thankfully that level of pain and disability eased as the flare ended. I've triggered a couple more flares since then as I learn my new limits.

The most confusing thing for me has been figuring out how my body has changed. It helps to learn as much as you can about fibromyalgia and keep a log of your activities and symptoms.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

yes keep the log and learn what you can do to reduce your pains. read my what is fibromyalgia thread and the starting a daily log book thread.
click on my name. then on the left you can click on threads cmetryme has started. read and do what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back