DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2010
Country
US
State
Hawaii
Hi all,

I thought I’d post this since there appears to be some cross-over with Fibromyalgia and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis ME (aka Chronic Fatigue Syndrome CFS).

“Unrest”, the long awaited and much anticipated documentary about ME by Jennifer Brea, ibeginning Tuesday, 10/10/17.

It will be great to finally see this documentary.

All the best,
rt

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded the “Unrest” documentary on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

Whew! It was well done, but I couldn’t watch it in one sitting. Very emotional.

I hope the documentary brings about more awareness of ME, and more funding towards research.

Does Fibromyalgia have an equivalent in Jennifer Brea and “Unrest” in terms of an awesome spokesperson and explanatory documentary?

Ooops! Sorry, double posted the above message....

Last edited:
i just watched a trailer and read about the film....i can see direct comparisons with myself so thats for telling us about this and yes more awareness is needed.

I have often thought myself if my family could see how i live rather than just my voice on the phone they might finally believe i am unwell.

i just watched a trailer and read about the film so thanks for telling us about this and yes more awareness is needed.

I have often thought myself if my family could see how i live rather than just my voice on the phone they might finally believe i am unwell.

I just finally downloaded this movie to watch.

sorry his posted twice.

Last edited:
I just finally downloaded this movie to watch.

If you can handle the emotion of this movie its an amazing insight... this is very true representation of ME/CFS at its worst...a side i now have personal experience of.

Many moments brought me to tears.....way too many people suffering and hidden.

I hope this brave womans work making this film creates some much needed funding for research.

I know she came to the UK to raise awareness with our government.

Last edited:
It was this documentary that gave me the courage to reach out to others. For so long I was hiding my pain. I would be crawling in the bedroom and cry out in pillows so no one could hear me. I would tell my partner I was working late when I was actually taking a nap before I drove home. I told so many white lies to try and hide - but I don't feel that need, and I know I'm not alone.

I'm thankful to Jennifer Brea for her bravery, because it gave me courage. I've asked my family to watch this film to better understand the struggles. While I am not bed-bound and I still have some faculties, which I am grateful for, I have some days that are as bad as they are able to portray in the film. Very emotion for me and my partner to watch. I wish I could reach out to thank her personally for the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back