Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, medicmurphy. I feel that I benefit from your posts as well.

I guess that I am just the Never Give Up type. Someone once asked me what breed of dog I would be if I were one and I said American bull terrier. I am loyal and loving but don't cross me...and if I get my teeth into something I never let go!

I think that people give up too easily most of the time these days. Used to be, my parents' generation and before, you just didn't get to give up. If you gave up and stopped doing hard things you would die because there were not the things there are these days that make it easy to give up.
You had to plant and/or hunt or farm or you would not eat. And so on.

I guess that I am a lot more like those folks than like modern people. No one helps me - I am on my own entirely - and if it needs to be done I simply have to do it. If I can't get out of bed I have to get out of bed anyway, there's no choice. I have to earn money, feed the dogs, clean the house, look after the property, buy the food, cook it, and so on. I can't give up, so I don't. There's kind of an advantage to that, to not being allowed to give up, because it makes me tougher.

I know for a fact that I don't have it as bad physically as some do, I am like you, Medicmurphy, kind of in the middle of the pack....so I don't say this as if I think everyone could do all of what I do. But I do think that the basic attitude of never giving up is a good one for everyone to have anyway. If you want to accomplish something, you can. It might just take longer, or you just may have to find a different way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back