Not open for further replies.

bboebel1555

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
IA
Pain at about a 6 today. Sucks. Making it hard to work. I have decided that my husband hears about my pain all the time so I figured I should share the pain with you people and spare him since he cannot possibly understand how much this hurts and how frustrating it is.

This recent "flare" I think may have been caused by my adding graduate school to my schedule. I am going for my masters in marriage and family therapy and I have night class. It wasn't long after I started my night class that the flare happened.

In response, I have cut back my hours at work (from 8hrs a day to 6), because I am not giving up school. I just started the reduced hours this week so hopefully this will cut down on the stress and allow me more time to do homework.

I just called and asked my Dr. for a non-narcotic pain medication, Tramadol seems to work for me. Does anyone take this? Is it ok to take with my Lyrica? I hope so. I want at least a couple hour break from the pain....

Wow. Good for you going to school....that is what my daughter is going to major in ...it's tough..think of school as a relaxer..I know it probably isn't but change your perception..it might help. Less work will probably help to
I can't help with the meds.i don't take any. And what I use you can't being in school...
Keep going the flare won't last forever keep that in mind..one day at a time

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the pain meds. I suspect that others might be able to jump in.

Good for you for choosing to vent here than towards your family member too. I tend to feel that it can be overwhelming for my family, when I have an extreme pain day. I try to be as positive as I can.

hi
tramadol did nothing for me. am on nucynta which is better than hydrocodone meds.

Tramadol works for me but I cant take it in the day as it makes me to drowsy, I use it a night and enjoy the feeling of no pain until I fall asleep, it does make me feel slightly hungover the next day though

Sorry to hear you're going tru this, dealing with pain is never easy, but did you know that stress is very linked to fibro in general? No wonder I have it! It's believed that the more stress we have in our lives the worse! I've noticed stress worsens my pain even more! Since you're going to school, I guess it's quite normal to feel stressed... you should consider taking something to control cortisol in your blood... I have to get rid of a lot belly fat, so I stop producing as much cortisol as I do now. The cortisol is the stress hormone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back