DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello everyone,

I stumbled across this site while looking for a support group in my city; there isn't one and I'm glad to finally be able to talk to others with the same diagnosis. I was diagnosed a couple of months ago and I'm having a really hard time accepting that I am no longer superwoman. Well, I haven't been for a while, but when you made your living being organized and planning and now can't remember why you opened the fridge door, or where you left your cell phone, or have to make a return trip to Costco to get the membership card you left behind... it plays with your vision of yourself.

I also have Hyperacusis and Tinnitus and suffer from chronic migraines. Consequently, I spend a lot of time at home where it's quiet and end up feeling isolated. Last year my therapist recommended I get back into creating art, so I started a blog to share my art and encourage others to create. That's what I do to keep myself sane.

I started aquafit last week but didn't think it was challenging enough so yesterday I added lengths. I swam 175 metres after the class. I was so proud of myself! Then last night I had numbing pain in my shoulder which travelled down to my hand. Putting on my pjs I saw my inner elbow was really swollen. Then it truly hit me - pushing myself has consequences. This diagnosis isn't something I can just shrug off or bend to my will if I "try hard enough" to get better. It's real. And this morning I'm feeling quite unsure of what to do next. It's as though for the first time I can't predict what is going to happen and for a recovering control freak like me that has me feeling quite unsettled.

Apologies for the long intro! I'm looking forward to getting to know you. :) seena

Link Not Allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back