Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
GA
I have almost every symptom listed for Fibromyalgia yet I cannot get a definite diagnosis. I've been to one doctor after another and one told me he would GUESS that I might have Fibromyalgia. He didn't offer any medical advice, no medication and didn't schedule a follow-up visit. That one visit was it. This indicated to me he was not sure I have Fibro.
I'm retired but up until last January was very active. I still work out at my gym 3Xweekly, trying not to let this get me down but it gets harder and harder. I have a hiatal hernia and other stomach issues.
Mornings are HORRIBLE for me. I shuffle because of stiffness and feel very unwell until lunchtime. In the afternoon, I'm better.
I've always been very optimistic, and upbeat, glass half full person. . . but now I find myself getting depressed. I'm frustrated because all my visits to speciality doctors have gotten me nowhere and this adds to my depression.
I've had so many health problems, pains in various places that I no longer even mention it to my hubby and I believe because Fibro pain is "ALL OVER" that doctors tend to disregard it as hypercondria. I've got to find a way to get back on track, to get my life back.
I also have problems with Anxiety and Tachycardia. Heart tests were all negative.
Today I've developed pain down the outer side of both thighs that is not only very painful but sore to the touch, have any of you experienced this?
I'm new here and would appreciate any input.
shirl

welcome Shirl! Yes we all have those and many more. keep track of your pain levels and areas of pain. then get to the doctor and get a real answer to your problems. its not all in your head. find a new doctor.

Hi Shirl,
Yes I also have problems with anxiety, tachycardia and heart palpitations. It always makes the pain feel 10x worse once you get anxious. My current pain is in my chest. I am only 23 and had all the heart tests last year. Now I am experiencing it again, and then I start getting anxious about it and then my heart goes nuts, etc. So yes I have been there. I am on a beta-blocker which keeps my heart rate down and I don't really feel the palpitations anymore only the odd one. The chest pain always gets me though but I think it is just my muscles as it usually hurts to touch and generally subsides if I don't move for a couple of hours.

Also yes, I get the pain in my thighs. The docs thought it was a blood clot from sitting in car too long, so the first two times I had the pain I was sent for an ultrasound which was of course negative. The difference is my pain is on the inner thigh but yes it is very painful to touch. I have just learned to not touch it and ignore it as much as possible (hard to do I know).

I personally find epsom salt baths are amazing, especially after you have been really active and can feel the stiffness and pain setting in. I am fairly new to this too so unfortunately can't give you much advice. All I can say is that YES, there are others that are experiencing similar pains and symptoms as you.

It is not in your head, and like cmetryme said, you need a new doctor. Mine is great, he diagnosed me after reading all the test reports from numerous other doctors and running a few tests himself. Finding a good doctor is key, I went through 3 or 4 before my current one. I was lucky to be diagnosed in just 2 years, others it takes decades! Be persistent, that is key, and if a doctor doesn't like that or starts making comments, change doctors.

Sorry for the long post and the list of my problems. It doesn't really help you but you are definitely not alone and are in the right place to find support!

There no test out there that will tell us if we have fibro sadly, well none that is proven anyway.
Morning suck for me I feel stiff as a broad and again at night,it's no fun is it.

I suggest to find a new doctor and get a referral to see a rheumatologist.

Lovely,
I've seen a rheumatologist and every "OLOGIST" in my area.

rheumatologist is not the answer. They specialize in joint issues. The problem is not in the joints, but in the fasia tissue surrounding the muscles.
No, I'm no doctor, and am currently looking for one that especially treats FMS.
I recently read the best info ever about FMS and it made so much sense.
Find Figuring out Fibromyalgia by Ginevra Lipton, MD.
She was in med school when she was diagnosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back