Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Mississippi
Hi there, I am a female in my mid 20's and I am in the process of possibly being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I began experiencing pain earlier this year in January and thought it was female related issues and was beginning to experience pain walking and just feeling unwell and super tired all the time. I got checked out and everything was good there though it took weeks and I had a laparoscopy done and they found this adhesion and removed it. But before all that happened, for a couple of years I was experiencing muscle twitches and a milder form of the leg pain. However, this year with me being under stress from surgery and trying to figure out what is wrong, I have burning sensations in my legs and thighs and sometimes to my feet and hands. I am super sensitive to heat and colder temperatures. I ache all the time and some days are worse than others and some days I feel okay and second guess myself if that makes sense?? I do have stress and anxiety but it's doubled this year and it's like my body and muscles are always tense no matter what. I have bowel changes and got a colonoscopy and that checked out good but they said some stress induced IBS and gastritis. Fibromyalgia runs in my family if that is important. I also have tender points all over my body and my sleeping is just horrendous. Feel tired all the time even when I wake up from good sleep. I know I am not alone and honestly this pain is not just a curse but a blessing too, because it has made me realize that I will push through and even though I feel depleted, I push on. Does this sound like fibro? My doctor is pretty positive it is and I hate these flare ups or whatever they are. He is going to see how I do on Zoloft and something else for anxiety and neurological type pain. I can list other symptoms of needed. Thank you for reading.

I am really sorry to hear it Bm64, even more when you are so young. All you can do now is try to find ways to relieve your pain...

It definitely sounds like elements of what my husband goes through, and he was diagnosed in the last few weeks. But it can be tough, I think, since there's a bit of an interplay of fibro symptoms with other illnesses...you mentioned a number of doctors appointments and procedures, has your doctor confirmed anything about fibro or have you only spoken to him re. your anxiety that you mentioned?

Hi BM64, many of your symptoms do reflect that of fibro but I'm sure with all the information out there now days you probably already knew that. The process can be long and frustrating but allowing the doctors to rule out all other possibilities is defiantly better then a misdiagnosis. Best advice I can offer is make sure to be your own advocate & don't be afraid to speak up for yourself. I tried all the medications until I found something that has worked over the past 1.5 and even that is starting to work less and less. (This seems to be a recurring theme for FMS sufferers) I hope that they are able to pinpoint your diagnosis soon.

That's what we need to realize, we are not alone and we can fight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back