Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news happened yesterday after the doctor stopped a medication mom was taking and her dissy spells stopped. She was her old self again today and we went looking for flowers and onion sets for the garden. We had a wonderful day together and got along fairly well.

I got some onion sets and 4 small cherry tomato plants and a flat of marigolds. I got my onion bed ready and planted 5 rows of onions. I am waiting for some plants to arrive by mail and then when the weather is not getting cold anymore can plant the rest of the garden. Have any of you got your gardens planned or purchased plants to do the job?

Now I am in the house and looking forward to bed time. Hope your day was good! :)

I' m in more pain and sore as ever lately. But I also have a bright outlook, so this really helps my mood and makes me feel uplifted. I guess Iam so worried about our finances and this is not helping my stress level. So in turn, the stress causes physical as well as mental anguish. So my plan and thoughts are to stay positive. To look for the bright spot in everyday and try to keep my mind and thoughts alive and happy. And I have found that I have so much to be happy about. It does make me smile throughout my day. I feel like with prayer and positive energy this is really helping me.

Libragirl67, I hope you feel better soon. I know how finance problems can be worrysome when there is not enough money to pay all the bills. I know just how for me worrying about my mom has disrupted my sleep pattern which was good before and caused me to start having leg cramps again out of the blue. I think it is from tight muscle tension and having little time to relax.

I had a busy last few days. I had gotten a few onion sets and had planted five short rows next to my garlic bed. Then I was trying to smooth out some rough patches in one new garden bed and discovered that when a friend had turned over the sod last year this type of lawn grass does not die, but was sprouting out even under ground. I have another friend coming to rottertill soon and if he does it over these areas of turned sod the grass roots will start growing everywhere again. So I tried to break them up and pull the grass sod pieces out of the garden.

Well, I got a bit of that done, but last night and this morning I paid for it with chest pain and back and leg pain. I could hardly move this morning and yet had to go help my mom with a project she wanted done and now know I will be hurting again tomarrow. So guys and girls, I still like you want my life back and want to stop hurting so I can do my own thing. I decided to plan a garden with long range goals of things that can be planted for this summer, along with other vegetables and fruits that will return year after year on their own. That is if I don't keel over from trying to do too many things that I am not really able to do. lol

Aren't we all just one big mess. Trying to have normal lives when nothing about our lives is normal. All we can do is keep praying and hoping we live long enough to see our dreams come true and be able to enjoy it when and if it happens. Till tomarrow.....Bye!

My husband has taught me to make one person laugh each day. It really helps me keep negativity at bay.

Good morning, folks.

I've been around and reading, just not commenting as much lately. I've been doing a bit of this and that. I kind of took much of this week easy, though it means that the housekeeping is getting a bit behind. Oh well. I had a counseling appointment on Tuesday. I'm not really sure how much good the sessions are doing me other than it was a dry run of how the ViaTrans handicap bus service works. Wednesday my husband dropped my dog off at the vet. It was time for her check-up and her shots. She also got her nails trimmed, and a bath and brush - which means she's shedding WAY less, thank goodness! The hair was driving me crazy trying to keep up with it.

Today we are DETERMINED that we are going to get the BBQ grill/smoker cleaned and re-seasoned before it gets way, way too hot to even THINK of doing it. It has to be pulled out, the cast iron grill plates pulled off and scrubbed, then rubbed down with lard before we get a fire going in there and let it go for about 2 hours, then add another layer of lard and let it go another 2. I MAY actually do the plates in my oven as I can get a more consistent temperature since they need to be at about 250 degrees, but that gets potentially messy.

Toots47, Thanks for sharing and for offering up a tip on how to improve ones mood by making other people laugh. Great idea! Please feel free to post here again.
SulsaBlue, Being lazy is not such a bad thing, it gives one a chance to dream up and plan on all the things that need doing like housecleaning and working on the grill. :) Glad to see your post.

Today I was lazy most of the morning. I sat and watched John Wayne movies, not my favorite, but plan to give some to a friend and wanted to see if any were worth keeping. Some are from way back when he was a young man and all movies were in black/white. It is harder to no who is who, that way with everything dull and drab.

When the sun moved over the house about two o'clock, I went outside to pull more grass out of my garden space and pick up rocks. I need the rocks to put in the bottom of my flower pots. So I worked for about a half hour till my ribs started aching then I quit and came inside the house to rest and get the dishes washed. I need to wash my hair too, but fell asleep and woke up in too much pain to do anything more today.

Otherwise the day was slightly warm with a cold breeze. But the sun was shing and the birds were singing. It was a beautiful day in PA. Bye! :)

1sweed - You should look into a product called "Better Than Rocks." It's this fiberos material (It looks a bit like an A/C filter or those coconut liners you see for hanging baskets) that you put in the bottom of pots instead of rocks. You can put just one or two layers if you just need drainage, or you can put multiple layers to take up space in the pot if it's deeper than what you really need for what you're planting (IE, a large, decorative planter). It makes your pots much lighter and easier to move.

LibraGirl and Toots - good thoughts!

OMG I'm so very far behind, it will take forever to read all I have missed.
Just checking in on you lot... making sure you haven't made a mess with your will parties while I've been gone!

I've just been so busy
The gardens have been cleared up and all the plants in thirty rightful place.
It truly gnackered. I'll pick up tomorry as I drooping now. Mighty night

i must have been really tired, just look at that last post and all its spelling errors! bloody auto correct on the damn tablets drive me insane!

I have been so busy, learning new things at work and trying to get the garden seen to while the weather is nice. I even got my first sunburn of the year.
Forgive me for not reading all your posts but there is just too much to wade through, I havent got that much concentration right now.
blessings to you all

twiztc, Your always welcome whether you post or not. Glad to hear your doing ok.
sulsa, I will look for that product. Most of my garden is out behind my house, close to the house.

I plan to having a hanging basket of cherry tomato plants but the rest will be in the ground. I am planning a small garden so I have enough things for salads all summer. I am planting peas and green beans, lettuce and some squash, green peppers and tomato's and cucumbers. I hope everything grows ok, I have really good soil here, but lots of rabbits too. And some deer, so I have to fence in my little gardens.

Today, was a beautiful day and the sun shone all day long. Tomarrow it is suppose to rain. A friend gave me a bunch of flowers lilies and such, to plant and I worked on leveling out my sloping garden bed a little bit this evening. It is hard work thou.

See you here later.. Bye!

My swim day today. Gave myself a good workout.... I shall be sore tomorrow
Bought a few more plant to add a bit of colour to my mostly green garden. That'll make me sorer.
At least I earned my calories today.
Back to work tomorrow and I will be taking myself as hubby is up for duty duty selection.
Tired. Need sleep

Goodnight blessings

I have been waiting and waiting for the plant roots I ordered to come and finally called the company to ask where they were. Well they said I was in zone 4, and so that has delayed my order until this coming week for shipment. So they will arrive in time for my birthday. I thought I lived in zone 5, and so I got the beds already for the planting and now I have to wait a little longer.

But had a good day yesterday. went to the dentist for tooth cleaning and then bought a good wheelbarrow for mom and I to use in the garden. It is the type with the bike like wheels and wide handle. You can easily pull it along beside yourself or push it easily. This type does not tip over if the load shifts and it great for older folks and weak arms and hands.

I hope to plant my cherry tomato plants in hanging baskets today and hang them in the sunshine. It is cloudy and rainy on and off today. I can feel the dampness in the house and so my muscles are hurting and I am moving slower today than yesterday.

Hope all of you have had a good day and I will stop in and visit you all again tomarrow. Bye for now! :)

Not so good for me today. I may have been overdoing it a bit since the weekend. I've tried to be busy even after work this week.
But I gotta keep mobile even when I don't feel like it or I'll never drop those few extra pounds.
Sorry you have to wait for your plants Sweeds but it night be just as well with this cold front hitting this weekend. It seem your weather is similar to mine. I got all my little plants and seeds going and now I'm gonna have to cover them up before the frost hits. It's been a crazy weather spring this year.

Spent all weekend painting the guest room while hubby was with the rest of his family opening the Cottage ready for the summer... that's a laugh seeing as it was freezing and snowing today!
So now I'm very very sore and wiped out and hoping I've not buggered myself up for work tomorrow.
All I have left to do is put up new wardrobe doors and paint the gloss woodwork and put all the furniture back in.
But that will have to wait till next weeks long weekend..I need the rest.

Hello, all. I know, I went AWOL for awhile there! I just re-started WW, and that's been a bit of a focus right now. Heck, just GETTING to WW has been a bit of work as the ViaTrans is NOT the great thing I thought it'd be. Ugh. It's like scheduling a trip by throwing darts at a dart board. A spinning dart board!

My mom was here as of Thursday and she left Saturday afternoon. I never sleep well when she's here as that means my husband and I have to actually sleep in the same bed (He SNORES to the point I can hear him through earplugs and with music or white noise on, and refuses to see about a CPAP). I have problems getting comfortable if I'm hot, and he doesn't like the fan on high AND he radiates heat like a bonfire (yet wraps up in all the covers like a cocoon!). Suffice to say, as soon as mom was out the door we were both taking naps!

I got some shopping done. I bought talavera tiles to do a backsplash in my kitchen. I just have to get maintenance to move the stove out so that I can work back there, and move it back when I'm done. I need to tend to my plants since a squirrel keeps digging in them. One of my husband's co-workers gave me some ghost chili pepper seeds for cooking with. I think I'm going to see if Mr. Squirrel likes it spicy.

I spent most of the day sleeping. We had a busy day yesterday getting new shoes and clothes for my husband and then grocery. I don't think I napped, but then I ended up not sleeping until around 1:30 am, woke up at 8, and was back in bed for a 2+ hour nap before lunch. While I'm sleepy, at least, by some miracle, I don't hurt today except for this sudden, inexplicable cough.

It sounds like we're all "nesting" in our own ways. Home improvement, gardening, etc. Good luck to everyone. Twiztc, I hope you didn't overdo it too much! 1Sweed, hope you get warm weather and your plants soon! My cherry tomatoes that I planted the week before Easter already have 3 tiny tomatoes and are at least 4 feet tall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back