Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in quick I have been really busy last couple of weeks since the funeral for my brother with all 6kids home all day everyday lol. I don't seem to have a moment to call my own. Lol plus last week I drove up to fort Nelson bc to pick up a car it is a 12 hour drive each way from drove up Thursday and back Friday way too much for me. I slept and ached for 3 days after then was just generally washed out for a couple more. This past weekend we had our family Reunion so we tented it for 2 nights and boy was I tired when we got back did way too much on my feet all day for the 3 days. Figured I would sleep great when we got home but didn't get the chance my 10 year old boy got sick the we got home and was up to empty his stomach on an hourly basis all night that lasted for about 14 hours then he slept off and on yesterday afternoon running a fever. Thankfully he slept through last night and fever is gone this morning now he is just a little tired and weak. Which matches his exhausted momma lol. My 12 year old boy left for scouts camp yesterday for a week so I was a very busy momma getting him ready for that on Sunday as well. I don't k ow what I would do without my hubby could never have got it all done without him.

Oh forgot to add weather has been wetter than usual here raining almost every night. My garden is growing well though I am hoping my potatoes don't turn out all tops as they are knee high now lol. The weeds are growing like crazy too gonna have to fit in weeding this week somewhere along with the usual mountains of laundry. Looks like we might get a nice sunny day today at least I hope so lol

mystysch123,
Glad you stopped by and gave us an update on how your all doing. I hope this upset with your brother has not throw you into a bad flare.

I am tired tonight. Had to go see a doctor and so drove about 95 miles today. But I did enjoy the last leg of the trip because I drove on back country roads and stopped at our camp, and picked some blueberries before coming home. It was a nice ride but such a long way to travel. I am tired and getting ready for bed early. Will talk more tomarrow.

I spent my having tens and back massage, I hurt so bad on the table and off the table. My back need the massage but these muscles can't stand being bothered. Here in Sunny Florida has been cloudy and rainy most of the day, everyday rain I can't catch a break lol! After therapy I just relax myself in pain, my neurontin was increased today I'm not sure what it suppose to do for me, but no changes yet.

Is there anyone here who take "Neurontin" can tell me if you've gotten any benefits from it?

Glad you stopped by here csmith225. I take Neurontin, and yes I have gotten benefits from it. This drug is different then many other pain meds. It is also used for seizure disorders, and other conditions where nerves are involved. This medication works best if taken at the same time everyday. It has what they call a short life, meaning it works only for a certain period of hours then must be taken again in order to hold the pain at bay. If you take it just when ever it hurts it does not work as well. But the biggest plus for taking it is it works well with other meds and does not cause as many bad side affects. I use it with Excedrin Migraine, for the best affect against the pain.
Also look around for a full length massage pad with heat that you can use at home. Massage is great when it works, but if you are suffering with pain through-out having one done then you should not be doing it. You might want to consider swimming or sitting in a hot tub instead, or getting your own mat where you can control the effects. :)

This section is normally saved for telling something good about your day or life. Please post again about your day here and save other questions for the rest of the forum.

Today I rested most of the day. I was so tired from my long trip yesyerday that I slept in this morning. This evening I got out and pulled a few weeds from my onion bed and picked my ripe peas and some more leaf lettuce. I used the time in the house to sort through my old catalogs and bag them up for recycle. I am amazed how many catalogs I get from companies that I never order from. Most are very expenive prices or just size 4 clothing. Like I could fit into that. lol
Then I went to visit a relative and then back home to relax and eat strawberry shortcake with whipped topping. I added that in to make you all very hungry. See you around here maybe tomarrow. :)

Nice to see all the activity in here. Yeh it's been a little while but after returning from the Cottage I've being going downhill fast. Had to get hubby to bring me home from work this lunchtime I was so bad.
Yep.... full blown flare is afoot.
But it gave me chance to have a much needed nap and finish some sewing I've been trying to get done for ages. I made two blue cushion covers and a lampshade. I'm now working on making three little Roman blinds out of some old curtains for the shed windows.
Tomorrow is my day off so I'm hoping for an early morning swim before I have to take a trip up the hospital for my bones scan.
Take care all. Goodnight

Thanks for the update twiztc. It always seems when we enjoy ourselves then along comes a flare, to remind us that we have fibro.

I had a very busy day today. Started with doctor visit and then hauled all my bottles & cans, to recycle bins. Had a few bush trimmings that needed to be taken away and finally home to relax and a friend called wanting to come visit. We ended up watching a couple of movies. Then after all was done and I was alone again I looked out in my backyard and the two baby fawns were out there. Grabbed my camera and got some nice shots of each fawn and then the two of them together. I got a few pictures of the doe, but she was closer to the woods and out of the way, so shots were not as good as the fawns. Then suddenly they all took off running into the woods. I was so excited to get the pictures. So my long tiring day was worth it in the end. :) See you here tomarrow.

The last few nights I have gone out into my backyard to get pictures of the baby fawns. Last night I sat next to my shed under some big spruce trees and got a few nice pictures. One fawn thought I looked kind of strange and wandered my way then took off running right past me to play in my backyard. Then he quickly ran back to his mom and never even saw me. I tried to get pictures of the doe but she hid behind a tree most of the time.
Tonight I ask a neighbor if I could sit in their backyard on the other side of their swimming pool. I got behind the pool but the view was blocked, so I sat under another tree and hid behind the trunk a bit. About a half hour later the fawns came out and I sat really still and quiet. They looked at me, but since I was down wind from them they were not able to get my scent. I got about 9 nice photo's of them. The doe never showed because another neighbor showed up with his big truck and scared the fawns away. Oh well there is always tomarrow!

But one thing is for sure I was in pain from sitting so low to the ground and in a cramped position. My upper legs were hurting and my lower leg muscles went into cramps. And the plastic crate I was sitting on hurt my butt. I was sure glad when the fawns showed up and also glad when they ran off, so I could go home. I will be in pain again tonight and tomarrow morning. Cramped muscles are not easy to relax after sitting in one position for an hour. :)

With my new dosage of meds, I can say I slept well and I believe I slept on my back which is something I hardly ever do, but now I'm having muscle spasms in my back, Just great! I have a couple things to do today so I hope all goes well and I can make it to a 2 hour graduation gathering today. I hope everyone have a great day today and fell good as best as you can. God Bless my fibro friends!:)

csmith225, So glad you stopped in and told us how things are going. Try putting hot as you can stand it wet cloths on the areas that you have muscle spasms. A friend told me she soaks cloths in water, then heats them a bit in microwave and tests it to be sure it will not burn her skin and lays the pads on top of the areas that hurt the most. It is important that you do not scald or burn your skin. Light heating with cloth being moist will keep muscles relaxed and not going into spasm. A heating pad set on low or medium might help as well.

I have been really tired this week. Busy with family errands and writing, and keeping up with my garden work. We are having vacation bible study classes this week and I have tried to go every night. Now as I type this I don't dare close my tired eyes or I will fall asleep. I wanted to tell you much more but it seems that I can not stay awake long enough. Bear with me I will be back soon. :)

looks like this time of year everyone has been busy Sweeds, I know I have.
My recent flare didnt subside and by the time I got to my pain clinic guy i was pretty much at the end of my tether and broke down into a wailing gibbering mess right in front of him. I hate doing that, i like to be all stiff upper lippy. he's upped my pain meds for now and we didnt bother with my trigger point injections, i guess he thought i was too distraught to try something new.
But the last few days have been a little better. at least i feel a little more human.
We had a nice weekend up at the cottage visiting some English friends. they spend every summer here in canada but it will be their last year. I will get to see them one more time before they head back to good 'ole blighty and I know i will go back to gibbery land again as I will be so upset they are going and not coming back. Typical eh? I move my life half way across the world just to make freinds from home that will be leaving. Thank goodness for facebook is all I can say.
well i better get back to work before someone realises im not doing Work related typing.
Bless you all

twiztc, Good to hear from you and hear your doning a bit better. I know what you mean about breaking down in front of doctor when the pain is all you can think about. I always feel like give it your best shot, gosh, I need something done.

As for me I have been going in circles lately just trying to get things done and not having enough energy to do everything I want to do. Usually I am maintaining my stress-less life, but it seems these past few weeks have been one thing after another. First thing is I am a self-proclaimed berry picker. I love having blueberries and blackberries, in my freezer for the winter months. I pick tame blueberries because it is easier and pick wild blackberries along flat woodland paths. So I did that in these last weeks. Plus, my garden is doing well, and I have been picking up apples to juice and make apple juice and jelly.

My frig is full of goodies that need cared for but I don't have room to put them up right in my freezer space in frig. So I think I need to get a small freezer or I will end up throwing most of my produce in my compost pile. I pulled my garlic out today, which is a month late, but hey who has time to do things on time. Weeding the garden was a real pain this year and so I started mulching heavily to stop the weeds from taking over. I did not water as much as I needed too because i have been so tired.

Then there is taking care of my family members and going crazy doing so, as everyone wants things done yesterday. I guess this sounds like a venting rant and maybe it is a bit because I am so tired. I am almost looking forward to winter when everything slows down and one can take a breather. Well thats it here for tonight, hope to see you here tomarrow! :)

I know what you mean Sweeds. It's so busy here in the summer,, I just don't have enough hours in a day. My house is a mess coz with all the summery outside stuff I just don't have time to keep on top of all the housework... just the day to day stuff. I'm never bored just always knackered.
Hubby was having an easy day today and suggested I do likewise. I did intend to but I got itchy feet and some things were bugging me. Besides my usual laundry duties I started clearing out all my decorating stuff out of the dining room (finally) and washed my car. It was a gorgeous day. I think I either smell like rotting meat or really sweet coz I just can't get away from the damn wasps. Last night I was standing virtually still, re- weaving a cucumber vine (that's nothing like any cuke I've ever seen) so that it's up off of hubby's squashes. I feel something on my back and then a weird tweak. I didn't think too much of it as I often get phantom tweaks and jabs. I felt it move so just flipped my hand around my back. A wasp flew by and landed on the fence to chew the wood. Again I didn't really think much of it and passed it off as coincidence or me being paranoid (I freak a bit where wasps are concerned ) but then felt my back was tingling more than it should. I went in to have a look and not one but two telltale welts were there all red and ugly looking and bloomin sore. That little shite had frigging stung me for no sodding reason at all! So I wasn't paranoid after all.
Anyway, back to the car wash story, as I'm trying to get some good suds on the car another bloody wasp just wouldn't leave me alone. I armed myself with the hose and just kept spraying a water barrier in front of me to keep it away. I tried to vac the car out but had to keep the doors shut to stop the blighter coming in after me but it was so hot in there I gave up in the end, on the good side I must have lost ten pounds in sweat alone!

Since I saw my pain clinic doc and he upped my pain meds a touch I have been generally feeling a bit better, at least well enough I have been able to do my job without having to be taken home early.
Ive still got puffy hands and tired feet etc but nothing i cant deal with
Today however i have a completely new concern.
Nasty jabbing pains in my hip, it doesnt matter if i sit,stand walk or lie down. This is new to me and I dont much like it. so I havent done anything too strenuous tonight, i got some hard drive cleaning projects on my computer so im using the time to sort that out. i would normally loaf in front of the TV but my concentration is not in the mood to watching a show.

All seems to have been a bit quiet in this little corner of the forum , I do hope everyone is doing ok (or as ok to be expected) Im thinking of you all.

twiztc, Never fails you get one problem fixed and another one jumps in to take it's place. Have you tried any of those cremes like aspercreme to try and calm down those nerve endings? If it is in one spot try a warm wet cloth held on it for a few minutes. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Reason I have been missing this spot for a bit is I am trying to do some canning of fruits and vegetables. I canned applesance and pickles, this week and need to can some green beans soon. I found a few old apple trees with good sauce apples, and another with good pie apples. Doing apples is a chore cause I have to cut out all the bad spots first. I am thinking about making a bit of jelly with apple juice.

Was working on that yesterday, and my juicer up and died. Lucky my mom had one in her kitchen. But I am nervous about using hers for apples, and might save it for tomatoes. I want to make a small batch of spagetti sauce. Need a small freezer bad but no one has time to help be go get one. Not having a truck anymore is the pits.

My garden did well this year and so I am relearning all the canning skills my grandmother taught me as a young adult. Let me tell you standing for hours was much easier back then. Now I work a bit and then sit down for a while, then work some more. It is an all day chore. Most nights I am here typing, but am asleep at the wheel. Will be glad when I am done. My back is killing me and my feet hurt.

Looking forward to hearing about anyones day. Please join in and write about your life each day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back