Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day To You All!
Thanks for sharing the gardening ideas sula, and twiztc, glad to hear you were out and about and having a goodtime.

Today, I stayed home and slept. Now mind you I did not plan to sleep most of the afternoon, but sat down in my comfortable chair and went to sleep. When I woke up I had some soup and watched a good movie. Then I though, it would be a good time to soak my feet and watch another movie. No sooner did I get my feet soaking, then the phone rang with a friend wanting to stop by. So I rushed the basin to the sink and put my slippers back on just in time for her visit.

Then I noticed the time and thought I am late on my writing. I dashed to my computer and started in on my chores. Then needing a place to talk with friends and enjoy reading the humorous responses and the depressed and sad ones, I came here. Twiztc, yours made me smile remembering times I came close to peeing my pants as well, laughing is good for the soul, thou they say. We need to be in good humor these days. Laughing takes our minds off the pain we are feeling and gets our energy levels higher for a little while.

Hope you all had a good day and I will see you here tomarrow. Bye! :)

Good Day To You All!

Sorry I missed a day here, but I fell asleep and was too tired to continue. I had a good day today with my family. We went to the country for a ride and to our camp. We gave the children a easter egg hunt and sat around and visited a spell. It is always nice to get tother and talk with family on holidays.

I am running late tonight with my writing, and hope to see more of you join in on talking here. Your all welcome guys and gals, to say your piece concerning your day or anything that comes to mind. I will be back tomarrow, if I don't fall alseep on the computer again. lol :)

I know what you mean Sweeds. I have had a very busy couple days. The first night I was just too tired. I guess the next night I was too coz I could have sworn I wrote an entry in here to find I woke all bleary with my tablet still laying on my belly. I was lucky I didn't drop it on the floor.
Hubby had tooth surgery Thursday so we did lots of shopping stuff while he was still all numbed up. I did some pottering about the house.
Friday Phil did a bit of clearing of deck junk. It was a super day. The sun was shining and it was warming up nicely. I started giving the kitchen the scrub of its life. Hubby, bless him does an ok job of day to day cleaning of it especially as he messes it up the most with his baking and cooking, but he doesn't get into the nutty fruity bit like I do so I try to go mad on it three or four times a year. I was felling pretty good in myself so I wanted to get as much done as I could while it lasted.
Hubby woke and wanted to go for a walk through the park. I was too nice a day not to and I haven't been able to move around much lately so took the opportunity to get exercise and fresh air. We was out for about an hour and I very much enjoyed it.
Once home I pretty much got all of my backed up laundry done and made a good start on my decorating project. I got the bed put up on end against one wall and got the numerous nails and screws and rawlplugs out and filled. Can't do no more till it fries so called it a night.
This morning I expected not being able to move. I wasn't far wrong but after about an hour or so I loosened up a bit. Later I even got on with the project by sanding the walls and adding more filler to the holes. Left it at that. By five I'm really starting to ache. Yep I think I've over done it again. At least I got tomorrow to relax before work on Monday
But I feel my short break from work wasn't wasted.
Hope you are all well and Happy Easter

Good Day To You All!

First off HAPPY EASTER!
Now that I said it, time to get busy and plan out my days. Tomarrow is still up in the air, maybe spending all day with my mom, or maybe spending day with a good friend and my mom. Hopefully, I won't spend the day alone, but things do happen that way sometimes. I am planning on making a hambone soup, with vegetables like potatoes and carrots, cauliflower and green beans. Then using some broth make dumplings. I have yellow cake with fruit topping and coffee or tea. That is all the ingredients everyone else will be having except mine will be in a soup. lol

Today, I spent the morning being lazy. I watched a movie and tried to relieve the stress of the day before. It seems that any excitement just plumb wears me out and although, I enjoy time with relatives, too many at one time makes me very tired. Gets the brain fog in action as well. But today after resting all morning, I visited with my mom all afternoon and cooked supper in her microwave. I took a package of frozen fish and put it in a baking dish. I poured a half a can of evaporated milk over the fish, and added frozen peas and dried onion flakes to the milk. I covered it and put it in the microwave for 15 minutes. Then I removed it and heated a cup of water and made instant mashed potatoes. To serve I put mashed potatoes on a plate and a piece of fish and spooned the milk gravy over top. It was very good. We had cake and coffee, after our meal.

Now wasn't that nice of me to give you two easy recipes to do. I hope you all have a nice holiday and I will see you back here tomarrow night. Bye For Now! :)

These last few days have been rather relaxing. Things at my job have been very slow. So they have called me off work. I am getting nervous about the lack of money. But on the bright side, I can try to sleep more and rest up. And I have been cooking more dinners from scratch for my family. One of my favorite hobbies is to cook. My pain is not bad, but for some reason when I do get it. It is sharp stabbing pains in my ankles and elbows. The good news is a heating pad and massaging it appears to help.

I felt reasonably ok this morning considering all I have been up to. I did a bit more sanding and filling in the room but all the upping and downing and the vibration from the sander proved too much. I did manage to deal with the last few holes before calling it a day
2pm saw me switched to my pajamas loafing on the sofa to may favorite sci-fi shows.
Hubby is in charge of dinner so all I have to do is relax myself so I can get my arse to work tomorrow.

Good Day To You All!

Libragirl, Glad you stopped by here to share about your day. :)
twiztc, I was wondering how you manage all the ups and downs. If I get down low, I can't get up. Weak legs and arms mean staying off my knees.

I had a wonderful day. Mom and I got together and had a great time talking about the old days and then a good friend stopped by and got my mother laughing again. She had a very good day and that made me really happy to have her smiling again.
We had the good meal I planned, plus yummy cake with fruit, and my friend brought us some chocolate candy.

The day started out nice and warm and now is cold and damp from rain. It might snow tomarrow. Wish I knew where Spring was hiding at, I would go find her. Some areas had bad storms yesterday and today. I hope they don't come our way. We don't need no twisters here.

Talk to you all tomarrow. Bye For Now.

Back to work. The last five days went by too quickly.
I was in demand today. Lu was off so I was doing most of his job. Then the boss had me entering the new pricing into the system. Then the head of wire wanted me to do a project for her but luckily she was busy with meeting and stuff and didn't get round to me otherwise I'd never have got any of my own stuff done either.
Just as well I prefer to be busy.
Lu will be back tomorrow so I will have more time for all the other requests on my time.
And what's with the friggin snow again!? Jeeez

Good Day To You All!

I agree. I went to bed last night with spring-like weather and woke up to find snow on the ground and a cold sharp wind blowing. I am sure tired of this cold weather, but a least we did not get ice storms as bad as last winter. By mid-morning the snow had melted and roads were dry making a trip into town easier. Sure looking forward to getting out more as soon as the weather clears up.

Today, I was lazy all morning then went to uptown to the goodwill store to check out their books. Found a couple of good ones, one all about fishing and how to do the knotting when putting on fish hooks. I hope to go fishing this year, if I can get a fishing rod and spinning reel, and fishing license. My dad used to take us fishing as children and always wanted to get back into this hobby since I moved back to Pa. Hope to do it this summer. Do any of you go fishing? It can be very relaxing unless you catch a monster fish, that might hurt. Guess it is best to take a buddy along to hand the rod to if the fighting fish is to hard on the arms and shoulders.

Another old hobby of mine is horseback riding. This is another area I would like to try again this summer. Only thing is I might need a step ladder to get on a horse as my legs don't always lift up as high as I need them to anymore. Do you or have you ever gone horseback riding? Please share here. :)

Good day :)

I got a decent night's sleep for a change last night, sleeping from about 11pm to 4:30 or 5 am (sad that that's considered a great night's sleep, isn't it?). I had to be up early for my "Function Test" for ViaTrans, the local disabled door-to-door shuttle service. The bus driver was a very nice, helpful woman and the ride was pleasant enough. Standing on the lift ramp while my walker and myself were lifted what SEEMED like 10 feet off the ground (but was really only about 3 steps) was a bit nerve wracking, but I got it done and she helped me get the walker latched down and me buckled in. The ride was a little rough but for the first time since my taxi ride I felt so very, very free to not have to have my husband take off work to drive me somewhere.

Once I got there I met with an Occupational Therapist. They ad trouble getting my blood pressure and pulse rate down to a level that was acceptable to do the test. It doesn't help at all that I tense up at the idea of having my blood pressure taken because I know the cuff is going to hurt! They took a lot of info and asked questions about things my Endo's PA didn't write down, like GEE, MY BACK (I swear, so, so need a new Endo!). Then they did some strength testing and found that my right leg is significantly weaker than my left (again, not a shock here since that's my 'bad' side). I was shaking so bad, though, from the hand tremors that she asked if I had Parkinson's... really gotta see about that, though it seems very posture-dependent for the most part, though I mostly really started at it after the ramp thing and it kinda stopped when I got home, weird! She made me walk down a hallway and back and I had to stop several times. She didn't even have me finish the assessment as she felt I'd not be able to perform the tasks. I don't even know what they are, but that can only be a good thing, as far as my getting approved, right? And of course I forwarded all this information to my lawyer for SSD - if the OT thinks I can't finish a basic physical function test, that can only help with SSD, right? Here's to hoping.

It's been a nice day here after a pounding rainstorm on Sunday evening. Highs in the 80s, bright sun. I spent an hour sitting out on my patio. Oddly those rattan chairs are some of the most comfy chairs I own next to my recliner! Unfortunately they're not really the right height for using my laptop (I don't actually have much of a lap). After that it was a nap. My husband brought home take out (so not good for me) because I was just too whipped to cook.

Wish we had snow here in the winter, but I can't say as I don't understand wanting it to be gone before summer!

1sweed - I rode a horse a few times when I was younger. I briefly worked for a Bed & Breakfast Ranch and they had trail rides. That was one of my 'perks' to be able to go out for free. Pity that I'm pretty sure falling out of that saddle while trying to get up (Goodness, nearly 18 hand draft horse, step ladder, please!?) probably contributed to my back problems, but man, I enjoyed it at the time.

The week before last my husband did a lot of the heavy lifting (I mostly supervised and put stuff in the pots he'd bring me and got to get my hands dirty) and we got some plants planted in planters (Say that 3 times fast!). I mistakenly bought "Black Cherry Heirloom Tomatoes" thinking they were suitable for containers. Turns out these bad boys grow 6-8 feet tall! I saw a picture where a woman had them growing up a trellis and they'd made it to her roof. Another guy mentioned he harvested at least 250 cherry tomatoes from his plant. I bought 3. Uh-oh! I'm gonna need a bigger tomato cage!

Oh fishing... I was a big Fisher. Growing up in Cornwall UK with sea surrounding us it's was pretty much compulsory. I gave up sea fishing for the lighter gear of fresh water. My favorite was carp , they fight well. My biggest achievement was a touch over twelve pound carpet on two pound line. Took me an hour and forty minutes to finally land the bugger I didn't want that line to break.
I tried fishing here in Canada but the best time for fish is also the best time for bitey bug. I suffer really badly from them mozzie bites and it takes all the joy out of my fishing trip.
I had a busy day at work again. This afternoon I got pains in places I'm not quite used that made me a bit grumpy but I'll get over it.
Looking forward to my day off tomorrow and a good swim. They say the weather is going to warm up again, maybe not much tomorrow but soon after. I do hope so.

Goodnight friends

Good Day To You All!

Sula, Thanks for sharing your news and also your horse experience. Twiztc, Thank you for telling me about your fishing. The area in which you live sounds beautiful, as well as your homeland.

Today it is very nippy and cold. The snow is a bit melted but the air is very cold. I went and visited mom and took her some stawberries to put on her ice cream. It is nice having strawberries from Florida. Then I came back to watch a few movies and get the dishes washed. Now I am sitting here trying not to fall asleep at my computer. I slept very well last night too. But cold air always makes me sleepy. I am thinking of flannel jamies and watching a heartfelt movie. See what dumb stuff one writes when one is tired.

I will have more to share tomarrow. Bye for now. :)

The sun was shining so brightly today but the brain is confused. It can tell by the position in the sky what time of year it is yet the temperature is still freeeeeeeeezing!
Brain can't cope make me feel colder still.
It was nice to see the sun though.
Nice strawberries Sweeds... I wish I could get them close. Not in season yet here and the ones that come from your way are usually battered to shite by the time they get here.
Day off. Went for a good old belly laugh with my swimming ladies again. I do enjoy it and just stretching myself in the comfort and bouyancy of the water is such a relief all be it short lived. Then I spent a good couple hours shopping and downing too much money in the pharmacy topping up my OTC meds and other lady essentials .
time flew by today. It's already passed midnight and I'm still wide awake. I thought I would drop off easy with all the exercise I've done today. I still got the achey arms and I can't get comfortable. The meds should kick in soon then it's off to la-la land for me.....

I hope

Goodnight peeps

Two semi-decent sleep days in a row. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I just wish that sleep didn't hit at 9:30 pm and end up with me waking up at 4:30 am. I'd rather not be up before the sun, or at least not so far before it that I can't go enjoy the sunrise on the back porch with a cup of coffee!

I had a busy, busy day yesterday. Hubby got home around 3:15 to take me to my aquatherapy. Sadly I didn't get to get into the pool this time, and apparently I won't be getting in next time, either. He's still doing some assessments "on land", so to speak. All this "I'm going to pull on your leg, don't let me move it" stuff, and having me stand and bend backwards over a bar. Now he wants me to get up and bend back over the kitchen sink about 10 times every hour or two. Oy! So, I'm very jealous, twiztc!

After that we went out to dinner, then to Lowe's to pick up something for the house, and then to pick up milk and strawberries. They're in season here, too. In fact, next weekend is the Poteet Strawberry Festival. I wish I could go, but it'd just be pushing my luck. I've never been but suddenly I'm having a hankering. I'm not sure I could handle the crowd though even if I could handle all the walking. Right after we drove off from there, of course, my MiL called because the battery in her fire alarm was dead and the thing was beeping and wouldn't shut off and she's too old to be climbing up on a ladder to get it s we had to stop and get a 9-volt and go over, only to find out the thing takes AAA batteries. Thankfully she had some so we didn't need to go back out again. We got home around 8pm. WHEW! By 9:30 it was bedtime! I was kind of surprised, even after all that. I'd gone to bed around 1 am the night before, got up at 7am, then went back to bed after a bowl of cereal and slept until 11am!

I feel like I had a traumaticy type of day.
Forgive me for being lazy but you can get the rundown in the panic attack thread.
To make thing worse the gentleman in question(whomever me and hubby have been friends with for years)hardly looked at me all afternoon. I don't know if I was just being paranoid but I got the impression he was a bit pissy over the whole thing not made any better by my less tactful boss keep bringing it up everytime he was by my desk. It was making me feel quite upset. I still looked like a beaten up panda when I got home.
So now I'm just gonna eat dinner and loaf about till bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back