Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up not getting the massage :( Turns out, they don't have particularly sturdy tables and I was worried about breaking one. Yes, yes, I need to lose weight, but it's darn hard with using insulin and multiple other medications that cause weight gain as well as all the pain and constant fatigue! We got rain the other day here for the first time in forever, but now it's in the 80s and even tried to peak up into the 90s with 80% humidity.

I did get info on my back. "Arthritis from L5-Sacrum 1. No acute findings. Degenerative changes of the lumbar spine w/ disc space narrowing." Which on the one hand is good because "no acute findings" means no need for surgery right now. On the other hand, yup... arthritis AND degenerative discs. No wonder my back is hot to the touch.

I have a "function test" with ViaTrans today to see if I'm able to use standard bus transportation or if I qualify for door-to-door service. The closest bus stop to me is 1/4th of a mile. Yeah... I tried walking 1/4th of a mile a couple of weeks ago when I first started the gabapentin. It took me nearly 30 minutes and I had to stop at least 3-5 times! And that was when it was nice and cool out. My doctor listed me as temperature sensitive, so here's to hoping.

Sulablue, Glad to hear they did not find anything so serious that would warrent the need for surgery right now. I mentioned in another post somewhere's about vibrating mats that you can get that you lay on your bed or the floor and stretch out on it. The pad is electrical controlled, and it can focus on one area or several areas as it vibrates from your neck down to your feet and back again. I have one and it works wonderful when I am in need of a massage. They do not cost a lot. Do a web search and pick a store you feel comfortable dealing with. Might be a store in your area that has them. That way you could do it at home your self. The vibrating pad feels like a roller is running up and down your back and legs. They usually have a choice of heat or not, and slow to high speed. And can focus on one area or many.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back