Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
There are many different types of doctors out there in our great big world. Finding the right one maybe as easy as asking yourself how you want to feel the rest of your life. Do you want to feel free from drugs, or full of as many as your body can handle to ease the chonic pain Fibromyalgia leaves your body in.
Homeopathic doctors study in nothing but natural ways to heal the body. My daughter is seeing this type of doctor, and his name is Christian Whessling. May I place a link here?I;ve learned alot, about how the body can heal if it takes the right formulas, and the condition is understood by the trained staff. I'm not a doctor, or claiming this type of care is a cure all; however it maybe worth looking into, and save the body much wear, and tear from taking too many medication.
Some people may prefer taking F.D.A. approved medications which is everyone's preference. I just wanted to help pain sufferers from this conditions to understand that there are more options out there today than there use to be.
I'll be back to confirm the name I called these doctors in the thread subject. I think they are also called something else.

Jenny,
Links are not allowed. Nor are ads.

However, you can tell us how your daughter fairs under their care and if she thinks that going to homeopathic doctors improved her condition. I have used the advice of some friends of mine who are homeopathic doctors as in the proper vitamins to take and what foods would maybe improve my health conditions. I think a lot of the old natural ways of treating illnesses are a very good idea as long as you research everything and be careful of allergic reactions in using the natural herbal methods. :)

I agree with you 1sweed about being careful about allergic reactions to herbs, especially when it comes to taking them along with medications. The difficult thing about this concern is that most of the time when I've ask a doctor about mixing a certain medication along with an herb of my choice, they are sometimes uncertain. I'd rather ask a doctor though than ask a Pharmacist in my opinion. I've ask the Pharmacist in my town many times about these types of concerns, and they always tell me to check with my doctor. I suppose they don't want to be liable in any way even if they think it would be alright, they will not say for sure it is safe.
Your reply was a smart one and made me also add about the concerns of allergic reactions.
My daughter Stacy just started going to a Homeopathic doctor and I'll keep you updated. Her doctor has her off of all dairy products, and has her eating gluten free. Her doctor just added a new herb, and I'll be trying it on her in a couple of days. I'll keep everyone up to date on her progress.

Honestly, I think you should not fully rely on homeopathic doctors, especially when your case is rather serious. You can take in natural medications, but it's always not good to fully stop the other medications that your doctor has given you. If you have a serious case of fibromyalgia, you would not want to waste time on treatments that won't work anyway. Worse, you would not want to waste your time on solutions that do you more harm than cure.

Homeopathic doctors may be good, but only as a support to your main treatment.

I know someone who is studying homeopathic medicine in school. It's very interesting but not for me. I don't think there is a natural product that would make enough cortisol to do what the prednisone does. I don't disagree with removing dairy products from your diet though. When I stopped eating dairy I felt a whole lot better. I've gone back to eating cheese but I do not drink cow milk. I've never liked drinking milk and now that milk alternatives are readily available I use them. I don't have a lactose problem (been tested) but whenever I ingest a milk product I produce a significant amount of phlegm. That's a histamine response to something and that response is very common in people. So, I agree with that homeopathic belief. Soon enough, I'll be cutting out dairy again so I will have to find something to munch on as I've got to reduce my carbohydrate intake as well (to reduce my constant bloating which always gets worse with carbs).

In my experience homeopathy can be useful, but not as a stand alone treatment. I would use it in addition to 'regular' treatment. You have to try it out and listen to your gut feeling about it, as it isn't for everyone. I hope that it works out for you :)

I am actually thinking of seeing a homeopathic doctor to treat my insulin issues, since that's one of the things that is concerning me the most right now. Maybe to balance my hormones as well... I have heard wonders about homeopathic doctors, but to be honest I think finding a good homeopathic doctor is really hard, just like it is finding a good rheumatologist.

To be honest I'm so disappointed in conventional medicine, all they have done is ignore my symptoms and act like I'm just a crazy hypochondria girl who lives only for the attention, right... like I have nothing more valuable to do with my time! Allrighty! Ah, but seriously... the hardest part is getting an accurate diagnosis, once you do that you are just halfway. Might give homeopathic medicine if my abdominal MRI results are clear...

I actually only rely on my naturopathic doctor, as everything he is doing for me is making a huge difference. I don't have nearly as much trouble with chronic pain on his regimen. In fact, I often don't feel it at all. My fatigue is a much bigger issue, and it is improving a lot. He is so helpful that I've ditched all conventional doctors... because $5,000 of conventional doctor bills led me nothing other than a very very very bad near fatal experience on Cymbalta and then they told me to see a psychologist. Also, a $500 allergy test showed I'm not allergic to corn, when corn gives me hives, swells up my throat, and makes me feverish.

I don't trust western medicine. I think most of it is designed to keep us sick so docs, the FDA, and pharmecutical companies keep getting our money.

But Chinese medicine, dieting to heal my organs, herbal suppliments, treatments, and lots of cardio are healing my entire body. I have more wrong than just fibro. Cymbalta was supposed to mask pain, but made me so much worse I was scared for my life.

While I cannot speak from personal experience I have a friend who really benefited from homeopathic medicine. She experienced a lot of body pain and aches but chinese medicine, ginseng and other natural remedies helped her so much she was able to quit pain meds and prescribed stuff. I think it varies from person to person but its wonderful to see folks with less reliance on doctors.

Hi everyone,

I come from a science background and the general premise I find for homoepathy doesn't make sense. The idea behind homeopathy is diluting something to the extent that that molecule no longer exists and it is just water. And if you don't have a molecule to bind to whatever it is in your body to cause a reaction, there is no reason to suggest it will do anything. It's like drinking water. Many scientific studies have debunked homeopathy. If homeopathy is combined with diet, then I would argue that diet is what is responsible. Pain is also dependent on the brain and the placebo effect can be quite enormous if the illness is neurological. I don't doubt any of your experiences with homoepathy and how much it helped you but do some research and you will know it doesn't really add up.

I do want to figure out what is causing fibromyalgia and what is causing pain for me. Too bad no one really knows what is the mechanism that is driving this illness.

Anthony

Siderea,
Is your naturopathic doctor the same as a homeopathic doctor ? How would you suggest I find one ? I live in southern New Jersey and there probably isn't any around my area....not sure how I can find one that knows about this sort of illness.

Thanks,
Donna

Anthony,
I tend to agree with your statement on believing it's the diet that is probably what is doing the "healing" and also the placebo effect can be extremely strong.
I have been searching for the right foods and other ways of figuring all of this out ( and getting rid of the debilitating pain, extreme fatigue and soreness all over my body. I have found eating a gluten free diet has helped tremendously for me. I am thinking of getting rid of dairy and corn as others suggest. I hate being like this. It is so very annoying and I get so angry because when I have these flair ups I can't do what I want to or need to do in my day to day life, including working or just about anything a "normal" person can do. It's like my life is passing me by or on hold when I have these relapse's or flair ups.
As for the cause of this... my Dr. told me ( I have been diagnosed with Chronic Epstein Barr also ) that CEB has the same syptoms as CFS , FM and CP. so, is this where it all comes from ? Do we all have this but it lays dormant for years or forever in some people ? ( I wonder ) With CEB you can be diagnosed through a blood test but then it can also not show up in your next blood test when you are not having a 'relapse' or a flair up....so I wonder do we all have this Chronic Epstein Barr and it just comes and goes.
I have read a lot on this CEB and some Dr's/Scientists think it comes from the Mono virus, others think it can be from the vaccinations we all were given as children, or from the pesticides or additives in the food they started adding back in the 1960's or 70's in the foods and mainly corn.

I have been diagnosed with CEB, and CFS, FM, CP. I also have spinal/cervical stenosis ...and wont bore you all with the rest (hahah)
So, I guess my point is this, maybe it's the diet we need to focus on more then anything else, and of course the med's from "real" Dr's. I do know some foods can help or hurt, for one... natural unfiltered unheated honey and Organic Cinnamon I mix a lot of the cinnamon ( cuz I like it strong) in the honey ( very hard to stir but you can do it ) and wow! It does have a kick and is better then a cup of morning java. :)

Siderea,
Is your naturopathic doctor the same as a homeopathic doctor ? How would you suggest I find one ? I live in southern New Jersey and there probably isn't any around my area....not sure how I can find one that knows about this sort of illness.

Thanks,
Donna
I don't know - I mean, homeopathy is a division of natural medicine, and my doctor practices natural medicine (expert in acupuncture, chiropractic, naturopathology, and psychology.) His main focus, between all his doctorates, is how nutrition affects the brain. He really understands food and nutrition. I know he offers some homeopathic suppliments, but he's only put me on supplements in the form of pills. He also does treatments for me at his clinic, and at home he has me diet and exercise. I guess I don't know what a homeopathic doctor would do differently, as natural medicine is all holistic in nature anyway. Natural medicine always heals the whole body, not just the part with symptoms like Western medicine does.

My doc is in NH, about 2 hours north of Boston. I fly to him from ND, because he's an expert worth flying to see (and my parents live there.) He often treats long distance patients. It wouldn't be too long of a drive from NJ, though you'll need a hotel. I'm sure there are reputable naturopaths closer to you though.

I heard about my doc through a friend who sees him for fibromyalgia and had great results, then googled him to see if he was worth investing in. I would Google naturopaths in your area and see what comes up. I would look for someone with much experience and who offers a wide range of treatments. I would also look for a doctor's publications too to see what his focuses are.

Last edited:
Homeopathy is one form of alternative medicine I have a lot of difficulty believing in. It's apparently a common form of alternative medicine especially in Europe, but there hasn't been any scientific proof that I've seen that it works. Also, it's theory or methodology of diffusing substances in waters to such extreme ends make no sense to me.

If it were me, I wouldn't. My cousin is type 1. I've worked in the medical field. If you ned insulin take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back