DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Hi all,

I am so glad to be here. Let me tell you a little about myself. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but have suffered from it for a couple of years. It started getting really bad when I took a job in document management where I basically spent my entire day pulling staples, scanning papers and sorting mail. It started out slowly but then came on with a vengence. I continued to work even though the pain in my arms, shoulders, neck and back was getting worse because we needed the money. After four years in the same job I just said "enough". I finally quit my job in May of this year. I also have obstructive sleep apea and have to use a CPAP machine every night, GERD, depression, asthma, degenerative disc disorder and a host of other physical conditions. I can do very little in the way of house work, just the basics. I cleaned my shower stall yesterday for the first time since Thanksgiving and it almost killed me. I can do most of the cooking but my husband does the grocery shopping for me. The thing that I miss most is doing things with my five year old grandaughter. She loves to play in the park and ride the rides at carnivals and I am just unable to keep up with her. For being only five she is very understanding. I have applied for SSD but it takes six months to get an answer and most people are denied the first time out so I will probably have to file and appeal. Don't these people realize that everyday living is exhausting and to make us fight for benefits that are rightfully ours just adds more pressure to our lives?

Anyway that's enough for now. I would love to hear other people's stories and exchanges ideas with them. Thanks for listening.:-D

Welcome to the forum. A quick comment about SSD, it is designed in hopes that when you get denied you will give up trying to get it. They also hope to weed out the cheaters who are looking for a easy ride. But you are right in saying how hard it is for those of us that are in so much pain and dealing with memory issues and etc.. to constantly appeal the decisions of being denied. It took me close to 7 years total and the last 2 of that was with a lawyers help, to finally get SSD. But then the amount of work time and credits on your work history sets the pace for how much money you will receive. When the econmony is in a slump and not growing, the annual increases are very small. I do not get enough to enable me to live alone.

Anyways please join in on the many topic sections on the forum, and ask questions and share your personal knowledge of how you manage your symptoms. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. Post threads about your difficulties in the appropriate section and members will give you some very good advice based on their experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back