Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
Kentucky
I went for my first rheumatoligist visit yesyerday and she started me on cymbalta. I wondered how long it took for some people to feel any results with this. She referred me to a sleep psychologist and have me flexeril to take at night. She wants me to see a nuerologist but have not been able to get an appt with one since my pcp office has been trying to get an appt for that. She ordered a lot of bloodwork which i had done yesterday. Hoping to get some relief soon. My pcp did find my vitamin d was very low , taking prescription for that , have had 2 of the 4 doses as its once a week . Been off from work since end of july , very frustrated , the week before all this started i was doing zumba and piloxing , working full time as a physical therapy asst. Very fast paced and very physically demanding job that ive done for 35 years. So exhausted and any physical activity increases my symptoms .

I am on Cymbalta and Lyrica, it probably took a couple of weeks before I noticed any difference, but of course the dosages have to be adjusted so it may be awhile before you see full results!

I had terrible side effects from Cymbalta I could not take it. I took one pill and was on the couch for 3 days calling the pharmacist to see how long it stayed in my system because I wanted it out. It is so weird how some have such adverse reactions and others no problem. I wish there was something that I could take without the side effects but nothing so far, I have to rely on yoga and natural pain relievers. I hope it works for you but if not there are other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back