Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2006
Country
US
State
MI
Hi, guys! I had a great week. I think it's because I got just the right combination of meds from my doctors and I used them to really kick my exercise into gear. I also had myself going to bed early and was eating healthy. I was so happy. I had like four good days in a row. I got my hopes up and was doing more and started thinking maybe I could work more and make more friends. So I went to a musical with my family and met a friend there, but it ran late and I became exhausted and got a migraine. Now I feel so discouraged. Why did I believe it would last and I could have a normal life? But I watched a movie the other night about parents with a sick child. It was so hard to watch and made me grateful it's not my child that is sick. It could be worse than me being sick. My children are pretty healthy so far. My husband is kind and my kids are a big help and they love each other. I need to think positive and be grateful, but you know that was so much easier this week when it was manageable. How I pray the public will become better informed about this terrible disease and we will receive better help. I am praying for all of you that suffer with this terrible disease.

You are not alone. We are not alone and we can be the ones to bring about change in society. I try to talk about all invisible illness to everyone I know, going on forums, writing to newspapers (my piece will soon be published in the guardian!!!!) etc. Our voices need to be heard...but in the meantime we need to understand and semi-accept our new situation as well.

Focus on the good week and focus on when another good day/week will come. So as much as we can, we should really focus on those good days, instead of the very bad days. (though I know how hard it is, on my last good day, I spent most of the day worrying about when it would end) And this forum is a great place to be there for each other and remind each other of the positives, of the beauty all around us, things we should be grateful for.

Life is beautiful....

I'm so happy for you! Nice job on your hard work of taking care of youself! It really proves to show how we treated ourselves, days later it comes about in how much pain we have. Sleep is a big factor. If you can't sleep you will no doubt have pain. Our bodies are tense on those nonsleep days and it's an important link! Get your sleep, eat right, and in turn you will want to exercise. If you're exercising and moving, usually pain is better. This is so inspiring how well you have done for yourself! Keep up the good work and post again with any good or bad news you find with what you do for yourself. =)

Hi hope. I can totally relate to this, you could've written this post for me! I'm just starting to feel the same, almost leading a normal life one minute & then kicked back down when I do, I'd say I'm struggling with that the most just now. I feel about 40 years older than I am & am at the angry and depleted stage at the moment. I hope you have some more good days really soon.

Do you guys believe it's the weather changing that has prompted these good days? Is this a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back