Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
Il
Hello. I am newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I appreciate any info you all can give but especially knowing I have somewhere to go and am not alone. I have a question that is a bit personal. I'm still trying to figure out my symptoms. One particular area of pain is my pelvic (vaginal) area. Throbbing awful pain that nothing I do will relieve it. Does anyone else experience pain in this area? Should I be worried that it might be another issue? Again thanks for any info you can give me!

Hi Cleo, sometimes I experience pain in that area, but I must say this isn't a very common symptom among people with fibro. Mine is due a chronic bladder issue (I believe, since whenever I consume certain foods that are too acid I get that pain). Have you seen a gynecologist for this? If you haven't I suggest you to see one soon, because that pain could be many things. Just get checked, ask him to order a full STD panel as well, just in case! I'm not saying you need it, but anyone who is sexually active should get one done yearly. I did this year.

I agree that you should see your gyno for this issue. There are too many possibilities.

First, did you check to see if you have any type of growth in that area? And large cystic acne, abscess, tumor, or the like? I had a MRSA infection on my vulva that caused an abscess the size of a golf ball. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced, causing throbbing through the whole region.

Second, do you see a chiropractor? It could easily be a pinched nerve that goes to that region. Chiropractors are nerve doctors, not bone doctors, and they specialize in freeing up nerves that go to places where you have pain.

Third, do you have bladder issues? Do you have a hard time "holding it in?" Feel like you might leak? Well, these can all be signs of major irritation. I have to add mineral powder to all my liquids, the same minerals in natural sparkling mineral water. I also have to avoid all acidic drinks, like coffee or juice, or sugar based drinks. This has entirely cleared up the irritation issues, relaxing my pelvic muscles and providing relief. You might want to try. I get my mineral powder through my naturopath, but you could try drinking strictly mineral water for a week to see if it helps. Non-carbonated is best. Mineral waters usually don't have enough minerals in them, but it is a starting point.

As the others mentioned, u should probably get it checked out. Part of my fibro I get random sharp pain in different parts of my body. It lasts a few seconds. I had it recently in that region and it scared me because its a sensitive area. Might be part of fibromyalgia but doesn't hurt to get it checked out, if just for ur peace of mind.

Cleo,
Welcome to the forum.

Actually, there is a condition called Interstitial Cystitis, which is inflammation of the inside of the bladder. It can cause pain and burning, but there is no infection. There is also another condition called vulvovaginitis which causes inflammation caused by infection or yeast, or fungus. However, it is better to get it checked out instead of guessing what might be wrong, and to visit your gynecologist to get a firm diagnosis of what might be wrong.

Every health problem is not always related to fibro. When things come up it is best to go to the doctor who handles that part of the body to be sure it is nothing serious. Good Luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back