Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
I have been spending a lot of time the last 5 months at the Lahey clinic in Burlington MA just outside of Boston what a great place. My doctor at first didn't think I had Fibromyalgia, but after doing some of my own research and explaining to her that I had developed every symptom through the years and was being treated for them all, she felt the same way but wanted to rule out other things first, so after MRI's CT scans, x-rays and $1,000 in blood work. The only thing they found wrong with me is I have low testosterone and I'm giving myself weekly injections for that. My doctor, diagnosed me with a phone call while out of the country on vacation. I see her for the first time on 1-19-15 since her diagnosis and I have lots of questions for her. one I haven't worked since June 2014 and at 52 I'm not ready to retire but, the fatigue is just too much I spent many years playing catch up on the weekends to struggle through another week at work. As a male symptoms seem to be about the same. It was after a friend stayed with me for a few months last winter who said that I sleep too much in the winter, and my response was I've lived alone for 30 years and I have been doing this catch up thing for a long time there was just no one here to see me in action. I hope I can find some helpful info on this sight

Welcome Rex .thats alone time alone. I'm glad u found us here , and I do hope we can help you alone the way, and maybe u can help us to. Pls feel free to talk about anything.so join in :)

Welcome Rex...yes, I totally understand the "sleeping too much" thing...When I was working in 2013, I would rest a lot on the weekends so I could make it through another week of work. I have been the recipient of some unkind words from a family member about the amount of rest and/or sleep I get.

I now have adopted the attitude to not let other people's ignorant comments bother me...as if any of us on this site would choose to have to live the way we do. Our old life is over and we have all had to adjust to the new "normal" for us. It is impossible for anyone who does not deal with this on a daily basis to understand what we go through.

I am very thankful for this site and the people who participate in the forum. It's a place where you can vent your truth and get support along with the latest information on any breakthroughs in treating fibro.

I am glad that you have found a medical center that supports you in your quest to improve your quality of life dealing with fibro.

Once again welcome!

Rex, welcome to the group! You made the right choice coming here.
The lack of sleep will only cause your pain to increase.
Treat the pain and u will Get the sleep you need.
Keep trying doctors until u find the right one hang in there.
If you need to talk just msg me and I'm here for you. I have been diagnosed with
Sever fibro. I understand your pain. FYI family n friends will never understand your your pain.
Most doctors won't either, so come here n vent n get information. Information is your weapon in couping with fibro. Let us/me know it goes with your hospital. Be well;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back