New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Anubette is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Yuma
State: Az
Diagnosed: 03/2015
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Anubette is on a distinguished road
Default Fibro and exercise. Doable?

Hello. I am a fitness instructor and avid runner. After spending the last few years exhausted, in pain, headaches,doctor appointments every week I was diagnosed with fibro. I was currently taking a break from working out to heal pain in my legs I thought were stress fractures from a half marathon I ran.
I felt like a completely different person when not working out and on gabapentin with 5-htp, tumeric and krill oil. I felt like a human agai. Enjoyed people. However, I don't want to stop working out. I changed to low impact exercises, but still feel exhausted, achey, confused, dizzy and get headaches after.
I know most fibro patients can't barely make it through the day let alone workout, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. Just hard to know what to do. Is there anyome here that has been able to remain active? Run? Through fibro?
Old 07-12-2015, 03:48 PM #2
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

Forgetmenot is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: London
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 70/2010
Forgetmenot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fibro and exercise. Doable?

Hay welcome, don't feel bad about being able to work out.i think it's great u are moving,one thing I learned was the less u do ,the less u wanna do ,the less u can do.
Now that for me I understand not every fibro person can.
Fibro is a very personal illness so u really have to find what works for u.because only u no your body.
U may find swimming a better option .as the water does take all the weight off the body.yoga maybe good ,
Old 07-15-2015, 11:02 AM #3
Registered Member

DK_engineer is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Newberg
State: OR
Diagnosed: 05/2015
DK_engineer is on a distinguished road

Hi Anubette, good to meet you

I have been having a similer problem - I used to be pretty active, but now my body can't tolerate it. I am now going through the process of relearning my limits. The signals that I'm overdoing it are subtle while I'm exercising. When I feel a sharp pain that doesn't go away after a short rest it is time for me to stop. I walked too much on Sunday. It felt good at the time, but the next day my knee cramped up.

I have been able to walk and swim. I tried to jog a few times. I couldn't run more than 100 feet and I still hurt later. I have been staying away from group workouts and sports because I expect I will become distracted and not pay attention to my body. Swimming laps is my favorite - it is the best way I've found to get my heart rate up. I also find the feeling of moving in the water is soothing.

I hope you find a routine that helps you feel better!
Old 07-19-2015, 01:14 PM #4
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

rahulkalra9 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: san francisco
State: california
rahulkalra9 is on a distinguished road

Trust me if you undergo physical activity with Fibro, things would be worst, I have experienced every bit what you have mentioned, unless you have a fresh mind without medicines avoid any physical activity, specially running/gymnastics/aerobics etc

I wish you for speedy recovery.

Regards
Rahul
Closed Thread

Tags
confused, doctor, exercise, exercises, exhausted, gabapentin, headaches, men, oil, pain, stress, working