DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
MI
Hi everyone!
I think I have had fibromyalgia for years but I was diagnosed in May 2014. I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom of two girls from Michigan. I feel some relief in knowing that I have a syndrome not a string of things constantly wrong with me! Also I was surgically diagnosed with endometriosis in February 2014.

So I writing to see if anyone has pointers on making my days a little easier (cooking cleaning and life in general)? tips, pointers, hints?

Also I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to deal with people who dont really seem to understand (or dont want to understand) fibromyalgia?

Thanks for your time :)
Hope you all have the best day you can!
Peace&Love

The best tip for cooking I have is using the crockpot. It's easy and less time on your feet preparing a meal. Unfortunately, I don't have any tips for people not understanding. I deal with that a lot myself. Just try to remember whatever they say, they are just trying to help. Rest when you need to. The house will still be there to be cleaned. Take help. It's not worth the flare up to not let your family pitch in and help you out.

The crockpot is wonderful thanks for the tip!

Hi, I am around your age and am the mother of two children as well. I try not to worry too much about people who do not understand my illnesses. We do not need to stress ourselves out over that. I try to plan ahead and be as organized as possible with meals, trips to the store and so forth. This really seems to help me.

Hi stargazer,

Moist heating pad really helps with pain, as does stretching and light yoga..

Housework .. I cannot be without a swiffer, on a stick...makes dusting much faster when you do not need polish

To this day my daughters lift me up ..i have less pain when i am with them : )

I was about 31 when fibromyalgia hit me. I am not 46. It is livable and you will go on. You will also find, over time, the things that work best for you and the things that don't. We are each different. This forum will be a great place to get advise and tips to try out to find what works best for you.

Along with the crockpot, I would suggest that when you do cook that you cook portions that are larger than one meal/serving and batch cook things like chicken. This way on days you don't feel like cooking you have something you can just heat up. Also with batch cooking chicken you can do easy things like chicken salads etc....

As for dealing with people, if they care about you at all they will try to understand. If they don't, then don't worry about them. For those that do care about you just keep the lines of communication open and let them know that there will be times that you may be in great pain and just not yourself. Again, if they care they will at least try to understand that.

Hi there, stargazer! First let me tel you that trying to get everyone you meet to understand fibro will be futile most of the time, because unless they're all suffering from that they'll not understand. Sadly not many doctors even believe fibro exists, some say it's all in our head. So you really need to deal with this on your own (by that I mean try not to complain or talk about fibro with everyone), if you make friend with people who also have this then that might be helpful. With the time you will understand that it doesn't really matter if the others around you get it or not, what really matters if for you to learn how to cope in the case they don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back