Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day To You All!

twiztc, Thanks for your kind comment. I was scared for the safety of the boy, but it all worked out in the end. Played hard on my emotions and caused a pain flare in my muscles from rushing here and there trying to find him. But he was ok, thank goodness.

Today, was a good day to just relax. I watched a movie this morning and get a bit of housecleaning. Then I played on my computer trying to get my emails read and ended up joining more group things that I really don't have time to do. Do you do that? You know do a survey that invites you to join another survey group, and before you know it your a member of 5 or more groups, and have a book full of passwords and user names, that you know most of them will be time wasters that in the end you just quit doing.

The day started out sunny and then became cold and dreary. Last night it poured down rain and took most of the snow with it. I am hoping for a nice day tomarrow to get out and do something fun. Been wanting to take some more pictures of the woods and of local historical buildings. I am making historical postcards for our town, but It is slow going because it is hard finding history about some of the buildings. But I am slowing getting them done.

Otherwise, I am out of things to write about, so I will not bore you any longer. Hope you all had a good day and I will be here tomarrow. Bye!

Thanks to Yatte pointing it out I have a bloggy thing going on, and will be using it for my gripes and groans.
So all I'll say on the downside is that it wasn't one of my best days.
On the up side I got through. Today is at an end and my thoughts are of tomorrow.
My day off and I wish to enjoy a nice warm swim and a productive visit with my doctor.
And what do you know... it's started bloody snowing again, my deck is again all white and I would rather it not be.
I am yearning for spring and the greeness and the colours of yellows and pinks.

Daisies and daffodils, forget- me- nots even weeds
sunlight warming earth below, giving life to seeds
returning little birdies, in winter flew away
skunks rummaging round dustbins and in a fright they spray.
Coons with little babies all yipping up the trees
The garden's looking busy and starts buzzing with the bees
Of evry season of the year, there really is no other
coz Spring is just my favorite time, full of life and colour

Good Day to You All!

I love your poem. It makes me homesick for spring and the early flowers that poke their heads up through the snow. It makes me think of starting me garden, which means I better get busy and look at my seed catalogs and order some seeds and plants.

Today, was another day of rest. I worked a bit on my computer and now it is time to relax and watch a good movie. I am still feeling some stressful scary feelings from Monday and so did not sleep well last night. Could not get to sleep and watched the clock until about 4:00am. Finally I got a bit of sleep, but not nearly enough to feel really good. Muscles are tense and hurt. My head feels a bit foggy.

Hope that all of you reading this had a good day and I will check back later to see how your doing. Bye for now! :)

It's flipping snowing again.
Oh well.
I blogged my day in detain but in short I enjoyed my day. A bit knackered now but I feel achieved.
Swimming was lovely and it was good to see my ladies after a two week absence.
Treated myself to a grilled panini at Tim Hortons for lunch.
Doctors felt productive. He wants to up my elavil and in a couple weeks want to try trigger point pain relief. Anyone done that?
I'll give it a go.
Watching Fringe on Netflix then it's shower and bedtime.
Goodnight me lovelies

Good Day To All!

Well, I try not to groan and moan, too much but I am either becoming a total wimp or I am starting into a round of weird fibro crap that I do not have time for. Since Monday, I have been in a cycle of if things can go wrong they will. Not enough sleep has not helped either, but today was a shopping day and I did not have enough money with me. Thank goodness the clerk at the store was a nice young man who put up with me having to give back five things I really needed, so I could afford the bill.

The price of food has gone up to the point that a few things you could get for twenty dollars, now costs fifty dollars. I was somewhat unprepared as I saw the amount go up in price and had to figure what I could live without. It was a bit embarrasing to admit I could not pay. So I came home and told mom here is your two dollars in change. What a depressing day.

So I got home and finally got a story uploaded to a blog I write for, and thought I would take a walk down to the edge of the woods behind my house to take pictures of the snow blanket under the bare trees. Halfway down my legs gave out and I landed hard in snow and mud. I saved the camera thou! Then I was trying to get up and about froze my hand off because no gloves. Finally got up and took the pictures, and got back to the house.

So now as I type this tale of woe, my back is hurting and my leg aches, my foot hurts and I am tired. But I took time to share this bit of news with you in hopes that you realize that life is full of ups and downs, but as long as we get back up on our feet and keep trying, we will be okay. See you all tomarrow. Bye for now. :)

I hope you're not too sore or that it does not last long. I'm am no stranger to finding my going. A fairly comical one(well it gives the guys a work a good giggle) is when my beating and body want to go one way but my legs have a totally different idea all of there own in the opposite direction. I invariably end up walking into a door then falling down in a fit of the Giggles. Once it's was like my legs did a magic trick and for a few seconds disappeared and my mate Robbie was very surprised to find me on my arse in front of his chair. Giggles time again as he helped me back to my feet. I used to get embarrassed by things like that but as long as I don't really hurt myself I can see the funny side.
I didn't have too bad a day really except for the fact I had clothes on. By hometime as seems to be a regular thing now I was suffering a bit. Another bright sunny day but bitterly cold. More snow forcast. Damn winter. When will it end?
Goodnight peeps

Today is a good day so far. I did not get much sleep last night because my leg pains were acting up. Bu that is o.k. cause I do have the day off work today so I can be leisurly. My sons made it off to school and all is well. The house is pretty much as clean as it's going to get, so that is all good. I, like so many other people I'm getting very weary of the snow and cold weather. The temps are in the mid 20's and still alot of snow out there. I know, it is not the end of the world because there is snow. But I really do get depressed after awhile. But I am thinking good thoughts and counting my blessings. Hope everyone is having a great day today.

Good Day To You All! Hi Twiztc!

Welcome Libragirl67. Feel free to post here anytime, your more than welcome to add things about your day or whatever mood your in. Very happy to see and read your post.

Today, is cold and spitting snow. I have stayed in the house resting my bones and legs hoping to go out later today. Been working on stories on the computer and trying to think up story lines. Somedays I zip along like clockwork, and other days I can barely think of anything of value.
Been trying also to do Spring cleaning. ugh! But our town often does a town wide yardsale thing that this year I can finally be a part of, since I finally have a yard. Living in a apartment has it's pluses but a tiny house with a yard is so much more fun.

The thing about cleaning out means getting rid of something. Like clothes that have not fit, one way or the other, too big or too small, and endless nicknacks and hobby stuff. Sometimes I think this stuff grows in our closets by itself. Of course if your in to doing hobbies you know how addictive that can be, with the supplies and books. We need our patterns and instruction booklets. We need or think we need more supplies, then we need to find room to store all these supplies. They seem to disappear right when we need them and so we buy more. The cycle continues until one day when we stop, and say "Where did all this stuff come from?"

Now, it clean out time and I hate parting with stuff, but my house is too full. And someday I will no doubt be right back here saying the same thing. But for now it is on it's way out. So much for boring simple talk. I will do better tomarrow. Till then, bye. :)

Hey Libragirl.. I'm a libran too. Welcome to the daily page.
After a night full of dreams I wish I had a day full of naps but I guess the bosses might draw the line at my snoring on my desk.
It was actually quite busy at work today which helped keep me awake. Being Friday there was quite the jovial mood about the place too.
It started out looking like a dull dreary snow fluttery winter day. By the time I went for my lunchtime amble the wind died down a week bit and the sun came out. I swear it was just for me: )

Sweeds I know what you mean about craft clutter. Before I had full time ish work I spent all day crafting something or other. I now have a dedicated room for the job but now have a lot less time to do it but I still keep buying stuff. I think I'm addicted to anything shiny or fluffy.
I'm mainly sticking to crochet and doodles coz I can do that while watching TV.
Talking of which I got Buffy on and a doodle picture to finish off. Catch ya later.

Hello, another snowy day Here in northern Michigan. Today was actually a better day then I thought it would be. My job is usually pretty stressful. Not the work itself, but sometimes my bosses are hard to take. If they are stressed by there big boss then I get stressed by them. But today as I got ready to go to work, I said the serenity prayer. I told myself others can't bring me down because of their negative issues. And it worked, I did my job, I smiled and I was happy. After work I met up with my oldest son and his girlfriend. We were looking at a small hall that we want to rent for my son's babyshower. It was perfect, everyone was happy, and the rental price was very reasonable. It just made me happy to think of my new grandbaby being here soon. (my first one). So today has been a very nice day.

Good Day To You All!

I was lazy today. It was snowing and very cold. I never even ventured outside. So that is the extend of my day. Very relaxed and nothing done at all.
Libra, I know how it is to work under bosses who keep you so stressed you can't hardly think of what your suppose to do. I think that is the main reason I started my own business. That way I was my own self-motivater and my days went faster and I enjoyed my work. Bully for you in deciding to pray before work and getting rid of the negative thoughts. Glad you had a much better day. I know you must be really excited and looking forward to that new baby. Little ones bring such joy to our hearts. Best of luck to you.

twiztc, Glad to see there is two of us that are crafters at heart even if nothing much gets done. Glad you got through your work okay and had a good day.
I will add more tomarrow I am so tired today. Bye for now.

Today was definitely a GOOD DAY!
For the first time in -ages- I felt like getting up and doing something. It just so happened that today was the annual "Kites and Tails" festival which is a kite festival at the local dog park. I got out and socialized with several people and dogs (and found a good dog-boarding place that's only $35 a night and which has a big private dog park with cameras where you can check on your dog via the web if you're missing your babies!). It was a 1/4 mile walk, which is a LOT for me right now but we took it slow and stopped and looked at several of the tents/displays. I almost didn't go because I thought it'd be too hard t get through with my walker but I had no problems. I did get a little sun burned - I guess that happens after not spending much time outside in the sun for nearly a year!

After we got home it was seriously nap time, but then we got up and went to the wine store and out to Jason's Deli. I'm -whipped- now, but still in a good mood!

Had a weird rough day yesterday, needed sleep that wouldn't come and a night not much better. Got up at eight this morning having given up on the whole sleep thing. Phil was about half hour behind me. I decided if I was gonna feel like crap doing nothing then today I would do something to deserve feeling crap for!.
Hubby wanted somewhere to hang a jacket in the room we use as a living room. He's been going on about it for ages and if I didn't come up with an idea soon I had visions of him sticking something ugly and untidy in a silly place that I'd hate.
I found a nice little cheap wall mounted cupboard in lowes with four coat hooks underneath. We had a bookcase by the side of the back door which I moved to the wasted corner at the other side of the room and mounted the new thing in it's place. Now of course that meant me doing a major cleanup in that room. It took me most of the day but I felt like I had achieved. Our daughter came up from her den and laughed at us. There is me doing man work and hubby in the kitchen baking bread and cooking stuff for dinner. We have often had friends comment that we have a reversal of stereotypical roles. I hate kitchen duty and I'd rather be fixing or making furniture so it works.
By the time all was done I was wiped out but I didn't care coz I'd actually got off my fat idle arse and got something worthwhile done.

Good Day To You All!

Welcome to this page SulaBlue, glad you decided to join us. Hope you continue to post here. Hey there, twiztc, good to hear your news as well.

Today was a good day. I slept in and had a freshing sleep. The day started out pretty cold, but then the sun peaked out and some of the snow melted of my walkway, saving me having to shovel.

The other day I had gotten a call from a friend inviting me to a high school play, and today was the day. The play was called Guys and Dolls, it was a muscial play and boy could those young girls and boys sing. The play was divided into two sections with a Act I & Act II. Act I had 10 different stage parts with 7 different songs, some solo and others done in groups. Act II, had 7 stage parts and 7 songs done the same ways.
It was about young men playing crapshooters (gambling), and the gals that fell in love with two of the gamblers. One girl had been engaged to a guy for 14 years and he wouldn't commit to marrying her, and another girl met her guy through a bet, that she would never go out with him due to her religious beliefs. In the end both girls got their man, thinking they could chage them away from their wicked ways after marrying them. That was the feeling lots of women had in the early days of 1930's and up, even today there is a belief that a woman can change her man, but in truth it never worked years ago and still does not work. But the play was very interesting and fun to watch. The director spoke after the play saying after he had the student show him their talents he went home and told his gal that he could do a muscial in stead of a regular play, because their singing talent was so wonderful.

So now I am home and writing all is down for you to read. I am sorry yesterday's post was so short, but I was so tired I could not stay awake long enough nor keep my brain working enough to write anything, you might enjoy reading. I bore you all enough as it is. :)

I hope you all had a good day and may tomarrow be just as nice as today was. Until we met again. Bye for now!

Hello hello twiztc and 1sweed! Sounds like good days all around!

After the festval on the 16th I slept REALLY well that night! Of course, I also woke up paying for it. That didn't stop me from pushing my luck today though. I went out to lunch with my MiL and then grocery shopping at -2- grocery stores. Yes, I rode the carts! Man, those things either zip along or poke along, there's no real happy medium, is there?

I've got easy-to-cook stuff for the week - chicken and a steak that I can toss in the George Foreman. Asparagus that's BEAUTIFUL! It's in season now, I guess. Sprouts had a sale on it and it's all pencil thin, limber stalks! I can't WAIT - I'll be tossing that in the grill, too! I also got some bratwurst that I can just toss in the toaster oven on a foil-lined pan so I don't have to clean it to go with some steamable frozen veggies. Lots of salad fixings - I've given up buying big tomatoes and having to slice them and have gone to cherry or grape tomatoes (which I can also just reach into the fridge and grab a handful and eat as a snack). I've also found that our store sells roasted turkey breast - it's expensive, on sale for $8.99 US / 6.98 Euro / 5.95 Pounds for 32 oz/ 2 pounds /.9 Kg but it's cheaper than fast food, really, if you think about it, and definitely healthier. I'll probably slice it up for salads and maybe make some wraps for lunch with it as well.

Suffice to say, I was TUCKERED OUT. My knees and feet are screaming at me after the past two days. My glutes and hamstrings feel like they're on fire. I was so tired that i came home, took a shower, then sat on the edge of the bed and fell asleep right then and there. Thankfully I laid back rather than pitching forward! The funny thing was my husband had gone to his mother's to take her the groceries we'd bought for her and said he was going to the book store after. I woke up and panicked, thinking the dog hadn't been out since he hadn't taken her before he left so I jumped up and took her outside where she promptly laid down when I sat down and just surveyed her kingdom. I waited and waited, just KNOWING she had to go and finally gave up. I decided to call my husband, only to have his cell phone go off in the guest room/study where he'd laid down after coming home! Ha! The dog suckered me into a second outing, the little sneak!

I hurt, but it was a worth it, but I was definitely counting the hours until my next dose of aleve, gabapentin and tizinadine! And of course, now I'm awake late per usual, but I'll be crashing here as soon as I'm all caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back