Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day To You All!

Sula, Sorry you did not get into the pool yet. It always seems things never go as planned and then to have an appointment for a therapy that would help you feel better and the therapist isn't with it in getting things rolling makes it much harder to stand. I hope you get your aquatherapy soon. :)

twiztc, That sounds like a really bad allergic reaction. I know I would have had a major headache from the perfume. Do you carry benadral with you. It works very fast to stop severe attacks. I am sure the fresh air helped your breathing but sounds like a close call to me. I would have been in panic mode too. Glad you made it through it all and are home relaxing and resting now. :)

Today, I did some housecleaning and got started on planning my garden and writing out an order for some vegetables and fruits I want to plant. Then I went and bought a big jar of honey for my mom and came home. Then a good friend came over and visited for about two hours. Now I am enjoying myself by typing out all this boring information for you. Isn't my life so exciting. Same as yours unless you have a fancy bigtime job somewheres. Otherwise it is that same old day to day, stuff that keeps us so busy we don't get time to do other stuff.

What stuff you might ask. Well how about walking in the woods or going fishing. Going on a picnic or to the movies. Going out with friends to eat or go bowling. All that stuff that we would do if the daily stuff did not take away all our energy.

Anyone who reads this is welcome to join in and post. The more the merrier it is said, so come on and post here! :)

Good Day To You All!

Today I stayed home. I am determined to clear out a lot of hobby stuff this year with a yard sale. So I am going through my stuff and piling it up in one corner of the house. The hobby supplies are the hardest to get rid of. The pattern books for crochet and knitting, or all those pattern books for plastic canvas and needlework. Then there is the other smaller supplies like thread and buttons, fabric and ribbons. needles and pins, homemade samples and other odds and ends.

I hate getting rid of stuff because as soon as I do a project comes up and I have to decide whether to do it and if I do, I need to go buy supplies to replace the supplies I just got rid of. Do you have that problem? I spoke with a neighbor last night that has that very same problem like I do. She feels better knowing its not just her.

Otherwise I watched a movie and cleaned out my frig, of all the old leftovers and am ready to fill the frig with new containers of food. Oh, my life is so exciting these days. I bet your bored just reading about it. See you all tomarrow. :)

Nothing wrong with staying home! Ironically, despite just now getting out more for the first time in over a year almost, I'm kind of ready to go back to staying home!

I was up until about this time (2:30 am) last night and then suddenly WHAM, time to sleep! I woke up at 7am, got up and had some breakfast and then went to take a bath around 8:45 or so. I ended up waking up in the bathtub around 9:30. Oy vey! This is the second time in a month that I've fallen asleep in the tub in the mornings! After that I got out of the tub, and decided to go back to bed until 11 am when I needed to be up for my doctor's appointment at 1 pm. We got there around 12:30 and my husband dropped me off to go do some errands rather than sitting in the waiting room as that doctor is notorious for being behind schedule.

I didn't have much time waiting for a change, but my doctor's PA took a good long while with me filling out the function report that my lawyer had sent me for SSD. On the one hand, I think this report will pretty much clench things, on the other hand it's a sad testament to just how bad I've gotten when looked at by itself!

After the doctor's we went to a late lunch and then from there to Office Depot to get some large mailing envelopes, paper clips and a flexy-file to keep all the paperwork I'm dealing with before it takes over my desk! We got home at about 4:30 pm, and by 5pm I was nodding off in my chair! Off to bed with me and then I was up at 8pm. It's off to bed soon.

My husband's going to a convention all weekend so I'll be taking it easy aside of walking the dog.

Well today I decided to give myself a lift. I bought some hair color a couple of weeks ago but I've been either too busy running to the doctor's or too tired from having been running to the doctor's that I hadn't had a chance to use it. I had a couple of really bad episodes of my hair falling out since 2011, and it's all been coming back in grey! I'm only 38, by golly!

Well, I bought some Garnier Nutrisse "Light Ultra Red" and boy-howdy! RED is RED! And all my grey just looks like sexy highlights now ;) If you google "Pantone 1815" it's about that color, but with different shimmery shades. It also helps disguise how baby fine and thin my hair is as haircolor at least temporarily plumps up the hair shaft, so double bonus!

I recently got my hair cut after having not gotten it cut or colored for going on 2 years, and the haircut was HORRIBLE. I went to SuperCuts and I swear, I ended up with a "Pageboy" hair cut - and I don't mean a cute pixie cut. I mean that old English Court Pageboy look like an extra-deep bowl haircut. It was HORRIBLE, and I was utterly depressed about it for days since it was too short to even pull back in a clip. It's finally grown out to just below my shoulders, but I need to go to a REAL salon, one of these days, and see about getting some layers put in and a really good haircut.

Nope, nnothing wrong with staying home sometimes. Sweeds... I'm still in collecting mode. I'm not done with my gadgets and gizmos just yet.
Blue, I got the same as you... my hair falling episode has made way for new grey but for me it's not enough. I was hoping I'd be like my nanny Bub and be silver by the time I was thirty but alas not so. I was going to trim and colour my hair this weekend.. I always go blond for the summer but I'm not having such a good time so have put that on the back burner till I feel up to it.
All my plans this weekend have gone out the window. Just as I was going to bed last night mother nature imposed her women's gift upon me. This morning woke in agony made worse by that stomach cramps. Manage to go to Lowes to get the rest of the paint I needed but as soon as I got home went back to bed for a while. Didn't manage to sleep but at least I was resting.
And I'm loosing my marbles... loop de friggin loop... gone bonkers. I did it again. Went to bed last night couldn't sleep for ages and I could have sworn I wrote an entry in here about my boring drained day, so you can imagine my surprise when I come to read what you guys have been up to and find I had nothing!
Bonkers.
So I'm off to top up my hot water bottle in a month and get back to my film.
Later

Good Day To You All!

Sounds like we are all in the same boat in sleeping more than getting anything done. lol I spend some time in my yard today, picking up tree branches and twigs that fell down over the winter, and picking up my ex-neighbors dog poo and giving it back to them. They moved out recently and left a big mess around the yard from their two big dogs. I also found a few cement blocks to help with my compost pile. Findly got my garden figured out and I need to order some rhurbarb roots and some asparagus roots to plant in my garden.

Always just when you don't want that off balance dizzyness to start it does. While I was working in the yard I felt a tiny bit dizzy, and then my legs started feeling weak so I had to come in and sit down for a spell. This was around 5:00pm, and I woke up at 8:00pm. I missed the entire movie I was watching. Thank goodness I have the dvd, and can watch it again sometime. Other than that my day was pretty good.

See you tomarrow. Please feel free to join in and chat with us here....:)

Oh, the dizziness! I had that on Friday just out of the blue. And I mean, literally WHAM just mid-step. And then I was oddly just euphoric for a good 10 minutes in a way I haven't felt since going down/coming up from surgery!

Good Day To You All!

Well Sula, maybe it has to do with our wanting to garden. we want to do it but our body and fibro, say now hold on just one minute we are not going to let you do it. I was a bit dizzy this morning as well, so I stayed home instead of going to church. Did not want to pass out or fall asleep in church. lol Sula, What is life like living in Texas? I have heard you say that it is hot and dry a lot of the time. Do you live in town or in the country? I have never been in Texas, so I am curious.

Well I ordered my asparagus plants and rhubarb last night, as well as, some peas and leeks, and tomato seeds. I was thinking about ordering some blueberry bushes but decided to get them locally instead so if they don't grow I can complain locally. I had a good day of relaxing and visiting with mom talking about the old days when she was a young girl. It is always fun to learn about past family history and what life was like when pay was much less and you knew all your neighbors.

Now tomarrow will be a busy day so I guess I better quit for now. See you here tomarrow. :)

1sweed - I don't think it was from the gardening. I haven't done a whole. We did quite a few pots on the weekend before Easter and then on Good Friday I planted some mint and we got a shepherd's hook in the ground and I hung up the bougainvillea I'd bought without replanting it.

I did have a busy, busy week last week. I had a handicap bus interview-thing on Tuesday, then physical therapy on Wednesday. Friday I had an endocrinologist's appointment. They did draw blood, but only 1-2 vials instead of the usual 4+, and that was 2 hours before my brief "OMG, I feel so stoooooned!" moment when we sat down for lunch.

Texas is a big, big state with lots of different weather patterns and areas. I'm in San Antonio which is considered south/south central. It's hot here, hot and dry, and it's been getting worse and worse. I think it was 2010 or 2011 when we went 122 days straight without any measurable rainfall. Right now it's 9:40 at night and it's still in the mid 70s. We're scheduled to have a high of 90 on Tuesday (thankfully I don't have to go out on Tuesday!). In the summer it's not unheard of to have several days in a row of 110+ weather. And of course, since we're in this extended drought it always seems dusty, especially here in the city where there's so much pavement. Honestly? I can't wait until my husband can retire and we can move to the pacific northwest.

Must be catching. I had a case of the dizzies today too, I think it was my own damn fault.
But let me start at the beginning.
After yesterday's abysmal day of patheticness I was feeling guilty about doing nothing, so when I got up this morning to find my cramps, aches and pains on a more tolerable level I felt I needed to get on with a few things.
Task 1 ..get the washing sorted including my dirty bedding and get that going.
Task 2 ..shopping. needed a top up on a few supplies. Hubby tends to fanny about taking forever reading labels and taking forever to choose a tin of tuna. I moaned at him to hurry along as standing still is one of my worst enemies... even worse than walking itself. We had another shop to go to aswell and there was much I wanted to get done.
Task3.. make my bed up with clean bedding. This ones a tough on. My bed lies along the wall. It puffs me out immensely and I've put my back out on numerous occasions with that one, ok today though.
Task 4..make meat pies. When I get the chance I like to make batches of food for those days when I really can't. Made 8 beef onion and mushroom pies. I didn't get my pastry mix quite right making it a real bugger to roll out. But I got there and they turned out well.
Task 5.. trim hair and shower before I run out of energy completely. Done and done.
I thought I was going to run out of day but while relaxing to the TV I even managed to do pretty nails too.
I'm aching like mad now but I'm pleased with my day.
I was just making my nightly hot chocolate when I saw our resident skunk making a right bloody mess in our back lawn digging up grubs. Must be lots of grubs.
Night all

Other than issues at my job, or lack of it things have not been to bad. It truly is amazing how much the power of prayer and positive thinking has done for me lately. I try the best I can and that is all I can do. I am coming to realize that stress is really my downfall. I cannot let it get into my head. So with my free time I have been doing alot of writing and journaling. And ofcoarse spending time with my family. Out of every despair there is a good that comes out of it. And my rainbow in this storm has definetly been my kids. And I am so super excited about the arrival of my first grandchild coming in July. So overall it has been good around here.

Goodness, TC, I got tired just READING what all you got up to!

Libagirl - just keep on hanging on! Hopefully things will level out for you soon!

Goodness gracious. Texas weather, indeed! Today it's overcast with a high of 73 so far at 2pm. Tomorrow's forecast is for a high of 91. Wednesday is supposed to be storms with a high of 69. This just isn't the place to be with any sensitivity to 'extremes of temperature' - hah!

Physical therapy today. I really don't want to go. I got my stevia plants trimmed back before they could flower (they die if you let them flower) and got 2 of my 3 tomato plants tied to the stakes. They're all growing like weeds. We've had a bit of rain the past week or so, but it's not really enough to make a dent in the drought that's been going on for years here. The Drought Monitor has my county in D2/Severe Drought along with 2/3rds of the state. The local water authority has us in Stage 2 restrictions which means you can only use sprinklers/soaker hoses once a week, and you have to do it on your assigned day between 7-11 am and 7-11pm (so, not in the hot part of the day when it will evaporate). You can water "by hand" any day you're willing to stand out there and do it. People will at this time of year, but come late May/early June I suspect we'll be seeing dry grass.

A couple of years ago we had the fires going crazy. Burned down the majority of a national forest/a big chunk of a county. We had one fire here start locally that was 100 acres or so, I think, from someone parking their car in the grass/tall weeds on some county land. The grass was just so dry that just the residual heat from the engine was enough to set it ablaze.

Libragirl67, Thanks for sharing I had missed hearing about how your doing. How's the job doing? Come and post again.

twiztc, As always girl it's good to hear your still hanging in there. I would love your meat pie recipe.

Sulsablue, thanks for sharing about Texas. I had heard about all those fires out there due to lack of rain. That is interesting to know about stevia plants. Do you grow any agava plants? I read somewheres that they are kind of sharp and spiny like yacca plants. Glad to here your garden is doing well. It is still to cold here to plant anything.

As for me today was my busy day. I picked up the little one from school and we had a nice visit before his dad picked him up. Then I went grocery shopping for my mom. Got some gas for the car and came home to relax. I am trying to clean out and it is hard to get rid of stuff. I have lots of tracing patterns that can be used for all kinds of projects, like painting or woodburning, or needlework. I have lots of pictures and poems from old magazines (Ideal's), and lots of plastic canvas books. I am still looking for the crochet books, but found a few patterns. Plan to spend tomarrow hunting them down. Got to do laundry and some baking tomarrow. My refrigerator is just about empty.

Do any of you fine readers use Almond milk. If not I want to tell you it keeps for a very long time and it is really good. I use the Silk brand and usually buy the vanilla flavored almond or soy milk. I also like the coconut but get a bit tired of it all the time. The other day I bought the chocolate almond milk and boy is it good. Makes really good chocolate milkshakes. Anyways I did not think I would like it, but was surprized how good it tasted, as it should for the price. I was looking for something other than cows milk which I seem to be allergic to anymore.

So now you know what I am doing and yes, I am having my milkshake. lol I will be back here tomarrow. Bye! :)

1sweed - I don't grow agave. I have: A "Mother-in-Law's-Tongue" (aptly named, it's long and sharp-edged!) in a cobalt blue fluted pot, a very large aloe plant, a "Maltese Cross", a Jade Plant, two types of ice plant, a yellow bulbine, and something I've yet to ID that was just labeled "Succulent 4" pot" :D that I should probably replant as the pot it's in has no hole in the bottom. I've also got the stevia planted in a pot that's decorated with colorful tile and mirror chips, a very big faux-rustic clay pot with tomatoes, and a hanging basket (those decorative wire ones with the coconut fiber liners) with chocolate mint that's starting to drape out of it and another hanging pot with a bougainvillea. Nestled behind it all is a "Mexican pottery" style bird bath and hidden here and there are a couple of frogs, though I might get rid of them as the squirrels keep attacking the taller one.

Speaking of which, any tips for getting those little buggers to stop digging in my plants? I'm about two shakes from spraying it all down with hot pepper oil and water!

Sounds like you've got a buy day. Cleaning out is s hard t d. As sn as you get rid of something you haven't used in ages THAT is when you need it!

We do use Almond Milk, or at least my husband does. He says that the Silk brand does funky things at different temps, and esp. in coffee. He prefers the Almond Breeze by Blue Diamond. I like raw cow's milk myself. Yum yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back