Not open for further replies.

Reanna

Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
pa
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 10 months ago, and am still learning to deal with it. I have tried various medications, none seem to be working, and just recently started taking tramadol along with flexeril. So far, so good, but it has only been a few days for the Tramadol. Neurontin was a no go because it messed with my mental state. Lyrica didn't do anything, so Tramadol was the next thing to try. I am 27, live in Pittsburgh, married with two cats. I am hoping that coming here i will be able to learn some coping mechanisms and other things to help me with my fibro.

so, Hi! :)

Hi Reanna! Welcome to the forum! I think there's definitely plenty of coping methods you can find through out this forum,

I've had the most luck with just keeping my stress as low as possible. (Which as a mom of an 18 month old and a 2 month old, is completely impossible haha) But, meditating and other stress relievers help a lot. I also do yoga now which helps a lot.

I've never had much luck with medications. I don't take much now, after an addiction to opiates because of fibro. Everyone has to find what works for them though, some people have different triggers than others.

Good luck on this journey, it does get easier and more manageable! (That, or you just get used to it haha)

Hi I'm new to the board too....but I have had fibro for over 13 yrs. I live near u....suburbs....I'm close to monroeville mall.

Welcome to the forum Reanna. You will enjoy this forum, because we are a fun loving bunch that can be serious when talking about symptoms and coping skills, but also we have a sense of humor. Please feel free to post where you like and ask questions and give answers. We will try our best to help you offering coping skills and tips and ideas, for managing all symptoms related to fibro.

I hope you will come back often and read the new posts and make a few of your own. There are several folks here from Pa, and gaining more every day. Looking forward to getting to know you through reading your posts around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back