Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
AU
State
Tasmania
Hello everyone. I'm from north west Tasmania, I was just diagnosed last month and already I'm annoying people with my Eureka moments.
It's so weird having this myriad of symptoms. The ones which don't hurt were so trivial but now that I can account so many to FMS I spend a lot of time going 'aha!' or going 'oh so that's normal'.
The biggest relief is knowing that my fog isn't anything way scarier. In general I'm pretty optimistic but the constant forgetfulness and 'numb' moments, the wondering who moved things (me, it turns out) and not being able to get to the end of a sentence without getting confused or forgetting the point, that's enough to scare the best of us.
I haven't started a journal yet. I just keep track of my symptoms on an android app called 'period tracker',it's not much good for blokes, I know but I highly recommend it anyway. Hoping someone eventually makes a plain old 'symptom tracker' soon.
Anyway, I hope to get to know a few people.
Til then.

Jeralyn

Hi Jeralyn, I know it's strange at first and there will be lots of things to learn about the illness and it's effects on your life. Stay optimistic and keep your true friends close to you. Keeping a journal is very useful. You might be able to figure out if there are things that help/make the symptoms worse. I know period tracker and similar apps but I've never seen a simple symptom tracker yet. Maybe you should design one? ;) Welcome to the forums!

Ha ha Tigressa. I don't think I have the skills sadly. I think I'd just de(female)ize the period tracker and add some more chronic pain symptoms, tmj, menieres, ibs etc. All the wonderful issues that like to go hand in hand with fms, cfs etc. And add a function to record the last 3 days meals. I'd then have a separate app called the 'don't do it' app whereyou could record known triggers. In case the fog got excessively bad and the user couldn't remember what happened last time they ate a 'maxi' size enchilada with potato wedges and sour cream THEN went parasailing!
(no I didn't do that. It's just an example lol.)
:p thanks for the welcome!
Jeralyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back