Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
FL
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am suffering with fibromyalgia pain and CFS.
I am hoping to find new ways to deal with this. I have tried all the FMS pain medications
and my doctor say we have hit the brick wall with western medicine. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Gen

Welcome GenM.....I'm so sorry to hear your doctor said you've hit a brick wall with western medicine. Sounds like it may be time to find a new doctor.

I'm also new to the forum, but for some reason have jumped right in reading and writing comments. Everyone here is so welcoming and understanding, it's like the dam has broke in me to get it all out. As to your question, I have tried so many different types of medications as well, but have still not found something that is consistent or complete. I'm anxious to see if others have something to try.....Depending on what all you deal with, you may find one or two new things to try. I have multiple issues from Fibro, chronic pain and fatigue to colitis and IBS and suffer from headaches that last weeks and months with migraine spikes. I also have severe insomnia. Who'd think that being so tired/fatigued, one still can't sleep. I'm 49, not unhealthy in general, but had a mild heart attack in October that added anxiety to the mix. I'm not giving up, but looking to have quality of life with myself and my family. I think those here are going to also be in my future to ensure that happens....

As for this site, I am finding the people very generous in their compassion, helpful and supportive and I'm picking up a few things that I intend to try out for my various issues. I've offered up a few on other sections....

Take care of yourself and find a physician that still has a few ideas that may help. I'm considering a naturopath because I can't seem to get any resolution myself. I still say that it would sure be nice if the neurologist, gastrointestinal, pain management, internal medicine, rheumotologist and whoever else has a useful expertise would get into one room and talk about my issues. Maybe they'd come up with a plan that might work.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back