Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
kansas
Sooooo.... having a sunburn while having fibromyalgia is like nothing I have experienced before! And I gave birth! Lol anyways.... I tried alot of meds and none of them worked! Then my rheumatologist suggested taking steroids to kinda jump start me! And it worked! I still have bad days but it really seemed to help get me over the hump! So to everyone use 100 spf sunscreen because sunburns hurt alot worse with fibro! Lol :-(

Ugh, that sounds terrible! I know what both fibro and bad sunburns feel like, and if I imagine the feelings together it sounds like the worst thing ever. You probably feel like amputating that part of you, but don't. It will heal!

Steroids will probably help a lot. The tried and true method for me (and for many people) is raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It needs to be "with the mother" to ensure it has the nutrients that do the healing work. The cheap filtered kind won't work very well because the nutrients have been filtered out of it. Rub it on the sunburn 3-4 times a day. If it's too strong for you, it's okay to dilute it 50/50 with water. The vinegar will balance your skin's ph, restore nutrients it needs, and will soften and repair the skin. It works quickly. Aloe Vera in it's pure form works really well too. You really do need to use an actual aloe plant to get the best healing, because the cheap lotions that claim to have aloe in them are so processed that you won't get much help form them.

I hope you heal fast!

I had a sunburn right on the back of my neck back in 2005, it hurt so bad! So I know how you are feeling! Not fun at all! So sorry you had to experience this first hand! I got mine back when I was still super active, I was on some sort of trekk, we were going downhill... we walked for 3 hours under the sun! It was hell. I didn't really feel it until the next morning; ouch! The crazy things we do when we are young, lol.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks guys! I will definitely try the apple cider vinegar! Yeah I am building a fence so me and the sun are battling! So i wore a long sleeve shirt this time and a big floppy hat lol. And sunscreen! No burn this time! Me -1 sun- 1 lol

If you do get sunburn again (if you're like me, you will. I get it from looking at the sun lol) pick up some solarcaine. That stuff is magic in a can. Works better than any aloe I have ever used. It feels so cold but so good! A hot shower helps too, but it's VERY painful to deal with in order to get the payoff.

Try applying aloe vera on the affected area and you'll see how quick it is to actually heal the burn and condition the skin. Sunburn is very painful because of the overall itchy and raspy feeling. I never really let it happen to me for several days because it feels like torture. I would just apply aloe vera right away to make sure that the symptoms don't bother me any longer.

You can also apply a bit of olive oil before you go to bed as that can also help heal your skin faster.

I have never had sunburn as I always stay in the shade, as I have very fair skin and always keep covered up. However my son was severely sun burnt on the back of his legs, I applied various remedies to the affected areas, the only thing that give him any relief from the pain was natural yogurt.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I never get sunburnt again! But if I do I will try all of these :)

I got sun burned pretty bad last year. We were supposed to only be outside for a few minutes and it ended up being a whole day. My back was lobster red. I used both aloe vera gel and apple cider vinegar. It wasn't too painful for long but I say that it was more due to my extreme tolerance for pain as my boyfriend complained a lot more about his. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back