Not open for further replies.

Siderea

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
ND
I suffer endometriosis, and my cycle is just starting. I'm feeling the first little indications of the cramping right now. There is also a nasty thunderstorm that's about to hit, and I'm getting bits of pain in my legs and arms from that. The cramping is going to be out of control in the next hour, and that's when the storm is going to hit. I have some left over hydrocodone pain killer, and I'm contemplating it right now. Can I kill the pain before it gets unbearable? Tempted to try it...

But I also just so happen to be out of food, because Tuesdays are grocery shopping day (here in ND, the stores run out of stock very quickly, so I HAVE to shop on shipment day in order to buy what I need.) I get very hypoglycemic on the first day of my cycle, and it's hard enough to eat during the extreme pain. So not having good food choices is going to make it way worse for me...

Well, this is my last little bit of sanity. Had to share it before it's all gone. I'll be nearly dead and screaming for the next several hours.... then you'll see me again. :)

Hi Siderea! I hope it's all good for you right now and the pain isn't as bad as you thought, girl! Btw, I'm really curious... my mom suffered from endometriosis, but I was too little back the. I endometriosis really that painful? How painful would you say it is? I heard the cramps caused by it are terrible, you get most of your pain in the pelvic area? I only remember my mom used to bleed really badly before she got her womb and right fallopian tube removed, because she just kept going to the doctor.

Hello Siderea,
I am sorry to hear about you pain.
Listen I live in Michigan. There have been times in January and February that I didn't feel safe driving down the road. Those were snow days that I had run out of a few staples. Then I discovered Amazon.com. There I could order most anything that came in a can or wrapped up. I've even ordered that milk that comes in a container that looks like a juice box.

Trellum, the most painful experience of my life was when I went to the ER because of an abscess the size of a golf ball on my vulva and the ER doctor cut it open to drain it. They had my on 3 different pain killers to deal with it, and I was still screaming in pain so loud that other rooms apparently heard me. Then I vomited for the next 4 hours because of the over dose of pain killers. The first day of my cycle is the second most painful experience of my life, only a few notches below that ER experience.

The cramping is horrible, but it goes beyond that. I get nauseous, making it very hard to eat; diarrhea, as if I could handle feeling anything in my gut moving more; exceptionally dizzy to the point of fainting several times; and totally unable to care for myself. Up until about 6 months ago (before getting help from my naturopath) I took a minimum of 12 ibuprofen on the first day of my cycle, and it wasn't always enough. So the pain is out of control and takes over my whole body, but the amount of bleeding is just insane. I use a Diva Cup, which holds one ounce. They say the average women fills a Diva Cup 1-2 times during her period. I fill mine at least 6-7 times on the first day. A lot of it is clots.

So I'm sure what your mom went through was horribly painful - if she had the surgery to remove those organs, then it must have been. If I don't keep getting better with Chinese medicine, and right now I am, though slowly, then I'm going to seriously consider a hysterectomy. It kills me to say so, because I so badly want to have kids and I'm only 26, but I have so much anxiety and fear about the first day of my cycle that I can hardly function. I know it will be hell every time. I shouldn't live like that.

Thankfully it ended up being a day where I survived with taking my naturopath's tincture for menstrual pain - double the amount he recommended, but it did the job well enough. The pain wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. Still very bad, but I didn't feel like I was about to die from the pain.

Allison, I live in North Dakota, so I totally understand snow too! I also buy a ton of groceries online. I use Amazon, Lucky Vitamin, iHerb, and Vine.com. The only issue is that here in ND, I can't buy fresh foods online because no one ships them here. My doctor only wants me eating grass fed red meat and free range poultry, non-starch tree nuts, and certain vegetables if they're heavily cooked down. I can buy the nuts online, but not the fresh food. So I'm forced to go to the store and pray they have any grass fed meat left (the stores here have a very hard time keeping stuff in stock because of the rapid population growth.) Sigh. But yes, I LOVE Amazon!

Hi Siderea, I just saw your reply now :( First let me tell you how sorry I feel you have to deal with that! Just the other day I saw a young girl with the same problem, she needed to get some really strong painkillers. She was maybe 15 years old or so. She seemed to be in so much pain! Now I can imagine what she was feeling! It sounds awful!

I'm glad you are trying to cure this naturally tho :) I'm even more glad to read it's working, slowly, but is working! Hopefully your cycle won't cause you so much discomfort in the future. I can only imagine the kind of anxiety you go thru every cycle!

Btw, I remember my mom talking about the blood cloths, she always lost a blood during her cycle. I also have heavy cycles, but nothing close to hers. The second day is the worst. I truly hope you never have to have that surgery! I wish you the best of the best and I hope that Chinese medicine keeps doing wonders for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back