CANT WALK AT ALL...anyone else? any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond

Legendary member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
Those who have read my previous thread contributions will know my fibro has spiralled this last year.

However hard i try walking has become impossible. I can bearable stand long enough to get to bathroom or get a drink.

From the waist down it feels so rigid like all joints muscles tendons ligaments from hips through thighs in and out of knees through calves ankles and feet have turned to stone with pain that makes you want to scream.

Even in bed its unbearable and keeps me awake...only sleeping medication gives me about 2 hours then i am awake fighting tears. This has been non stop except for about 3 days since June 2015.

Is anyone else in this situation...i push myself on some days where it seems momentarily bearable to walk up and down my garden a few times or around my lounge in a circuit to try and get me going but then the next day i am seized up again for weeks and never get back to how my fibro used to be where i could go for walks and go to the shops for short outings ...maybe 40 minutes on my feet or an hour on a good day.

I am so lost and the idea of Christmas in bed when even with it i have cooked lunch wrapped presents....ok so i ended up aching all over but i could do it and still recover back then after a couple of nights rest.

I have become very depressed living like this and feel so powerless and useless and as if no doctor in the world will believe it's this bad...i didn't think it could get this bad!

Wow....Willow....I really feel for you. My first question would be are you seeking any kind of help? Your family doctor can only do so much to help you BUT he/she can give you a referral to see a Rheumatologist and a Physiotherapist who is able to help you with your Fibro. I go every week to get worked on and it helps. I am getting more symptoms and the pain moves around but it does help. I also see a Psychologist who helps me understand what is happening, how to deal with it and move on with my life and not letting the Fibro take control. We all need help through these times. It would be helpful too if you could find a Fibro support group in your area. I just found one in my area and of course this forum helps me too. It lets me know I am not the only one. I have found over the last two years that to get results it takes a lot of work on our part. It is just knowing where to start. The internet was a great tool for me to use and get me started and ask questions to give to my doctor. I wish you the best and will be here if you have any questions. Sheri

What pain killers are u on darling.
I can't more at all with out my tramadol. It's bloody scary just how much pain u can get isn't .
I have pip 11 Jan.ive been told don't take meds the day before so they can see how bad I get. I'm dreading it. I don't no about u but it's like have tooth ache all over my body. My arms and legs start jumping about .bit of me go dead.
My advice to u is keep trying new meds .try anything and everything. Ask for higher doses.fight for your rights with the dr. Demand it.

Thanks i am on cocodamol 30/500 but they do almost nothing...but i have also just developed severe stomach issues after antibiotics in october.....almost constant diarreah all day and night and in between horrible loose stools with occasional constipation because of meds. The pain in stomach oesophagus intestines rectum is unbearable i just sit on the loo wailing as even after i go the pain never stops.

I am being tested for all sorts but am guessng i will be told i have developed IBS>..the one thing i had no sign of 3 months ago.

What with all this migraines jaw pain GERD arms and total upper body pain and muscle fatigue( not tiredness) so i am actually to ill to go to any appointments and truly feel like i am dying and struggle to hold my head up.

I am sooooooooooo stressed and even with sleep meds my mind is whirring as its all too much. I also have intersistial cystitis that used to be now and again but i have severe pain down below all time too.

Truly i haven't heard of anyone who gets all these problems all the time.

I know you all mean well but the chances of me having any kind of life are beyond remote now. This was all triggered to this level by huge stress and lots of blame and critism poor understanding from family and in my primary relationship. I am sooooo broken ...i wish a happy painfree Christmas to all you fibro fighters.xx

Gosh i do sound sorry for myself...so sorry folks i know whining helps nobody.

Your not whining Willow and most of us know how you feel. We are all there at some point. Whine anytime you want. Have a great Christmas and I hope that 2016 will be a better year for you. Do research and make changes and try all sorts of different things. It is the only way to get started and find out what works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back