trayne91

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
So, I moved and now i had to see new doctors all over, again. I did print my health summaries and brought my test results. I gave doctors my worst systems. The last 2 weeks I had been severely lightheaded so that I could not stand up or barley walk. Got dizzy with it, too. Seems to be subsiding now finally. At any rate, I seen a new pain management doctor. He did refill my prescription for me, which I needed and then send me to PT. I went one day. My deductible was too high for PT. They sent me home with exercises to do at home, which I only did like one day because I had been so dizzy. They did rub trigger points out of my legs. That hurt bad. But the pain has been gone from my legs for about a month. Said my legs were a gold mine of trigger points. Pain management doctor also wanted me to see a neurologist about my old test results.

I had to establish care with a GP. Did that. Really like him. He did say he didn't like fibro as a diagnosis and wanted to run tests. He ordered blood work which all came back normal, except glucose (happens all the time. can't control that number). Ordered the H1bAC which came back normal.

Went to neuro. Apparently, both the pain management doctor and GP suspect possible MS. Neuro says she doesn't think I have MS but can't rule it out. Would need another brain MRI and since my last one was in August, it's too early and not worth getting one right now. She'd rather wait until after one year. She took notes. Make copies of my tests. Wants to repeat my EMG. First time I just had left side done. She wants to do both arms one day (tomorrow) and both legs the next time (2 weeks from now). And an EEG 2 weeks after than, then see her again for follow-up to these tests. She also ordered comprehensive blood work. I will get those results tomorrow when I see her for the 1st EMG (Gosh I don't want to do this again, let alone twice). But the first one I had done was done so fast, the doctor acted like he was late for cashing in his lotto ticket. My gut tells me it's no accurate because he took no time doing it. He stuck the needle in, count 123, next, count 123, next. It was that fast. I've seen them done online. They aren't supposed to go like that. Ugh. Never had an EEG. Anyone have an experience with that?

I checked my online heath summary chart in my patient portal. They didn't load my blood work. I called, but they won't give results over the phone. I noted she added to my problem list Peripheral Neuropathy, Neuropathy, and Sensory Disturbance of the Skin. So, I'm all like, I have peripheral neuropathy? Because, she didn't say anything about that, but it's listed as a diagnosis on my health chart now. Why do doctors diagnose you without telling you? Maybe she will be looking for signs of that during the EMG? I have no idea.

Well, I am back from EMG of both arms. Yep, that sucked. She wasn't getting the reading she wanted on my pinky, I believe, and boy shocked me over and over and over in the same spot. I have a slight bruise there. She said the only thing she saw was a decreased amplitude. But, it's not entirely that bad. She said normal amplitude is 5.0 and I am 5.1. She said she would expect to see at least a 5.5 on me, so that is decreased but said she did not know why. I also asked about my lab results. She told me the only thing that came back was my Ferritin Level was high. I can't remember how high. (I just emailed them to see if they will send my results to me.) I think it was slightly over. Not sure. And my vitamin D was low at 29 and 30 is normal. I told her that is crazy because I have been taking 1000 IU of D3 a day for about 4 years now and I had the vitamin D blood work taken that exact same week for my GP and my number was in the 40s. Since taking the D3 supplement I have went from 17 to the 40s over a course of about 4 years. How I got a lab result from the same week at 29 is beyond me. Does my vitamin D drop that much if I was to accidentally miss a pill? Don't get it.

I got my lab results. So, my Ferritin Level was 340. Normal range 9-120. I had my EMG on my legs done Thursday. I was told it was normal. I have an EEG next. Not sure how my Ferritin level plays into this.

I went to my GP on Friday. He sent in the lab work for me to get the gene mutation test for hemochromatosis. I was at the lab today and got it done. They were closed Friday when I got out of the Dr. office. Now I play the waiting game and see how this comes back. I did a lot of research on it over the weekend so I know what I'm looking at. Not going to sweat it until I get the results. Firm believer in not worry about something that hasn't happened yet.

Hi, high ferritin levels can also occur if there is liver damage. Have you had liver function tests done? Some of the meds we take for fibromyalgia can cause liver disease/damage. Any of the NSAID or pain meds with NSAIDs can be rough on the liver. Hope you get some answer soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back