Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
Just went through a crazy few days and my body is doing me some favours. We were on vacation (btw the very cold, dry Quebec is much more comfortable than cool, wet, Ontario) when my daughter had a dogsled accident and broke her ankle in 4 places. Add a blizzard to the mix and you get a 4 day, 3 hospital ordeal with a 12 hour drive mixed in. My body went into some kind of survival mode where I experienced a lower scale of pain. Adrenaline kept the fatigue away. I'm crashing now, but the pain still isn't horrible, even with the weather difference and fatigue. I'm hoping I don't have a major crash ahead, as we still have surgery and a long recovery to get through, but I'm grateful that my body allowed me to push through when I had to.

Hi Marvis. Sorry to hear about your Daughter, I hope she has a speedy pain free recovery & that your fibro continues to behave for a while longer.

I feel your pain and stress. You really now have to take all the time you can for relaxing and pampering yourself. Take a nice long warm bath, with nice smells and lots of bubbles, or pick up a good book/TV series/movie and allow yourself to escape for a few hours. Anything that relaxes you and makes you happy - now is the time :)))

I feel your pain and stress. You really now have to take all the time you can for relaxing and pampering yourself. Take a nice long warm bath, with nice smells and lots of bubbles, or pick up a good book/TV series/movie and allow yourself to escape for a few hours. Anything that relaxes you and makes you happy - now is the time :)))

I think that this is great advice for almost everyone. But it is a necessity when dealing with Fibro.

It is going to try to overwhelm you because that is life. So the more happiness you can find, the more you can fight against the bad days and the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back