Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
Vt
I'm really just in shock. I posted a thread but must not have saved. We just arrived at our Hotel. Had to leave our new home . Still in boxes there. Grateful I'm here. Beyond stress so my pain and emotional well being is maxed.
I know we are safe, I'm so grateful, but omg.
I lived through Irene with a memory of fight or flight to get home on the roads and rising rivers. I made it home only by about 1/2 hr and the river took the bridge out I was on . If I was there any earlier I would have perished. That memory was all I needed with this storm. Now it's this, and our new home 3 miles from beach.
We still don't know about what's happening.
I'm just SO tired. Our truck has just what we could cram in it. Left my car, pretty
Much everything.
Please say prayer for the people on our street. Some just wouldn't leave.
Please say prayers for me . I hate this right now.

I'm so very sorry. Hugs to you. Hope you can have some rest where you are and that all your loved ones are safe. Will be thinking of you.

Oh My i have been following Irma in our UK news...i am praying for all of you and that your homes and belongings survive and of course most of all that you and all US citizens are safe as the hurricane hits.

Please keep us up dated. Take care ...gentle hugs on your painful body from me x

Oh Thank You Marvis
& Diamond,
I will keep you posted. Really wiped out��.

I just keep praying for all the people stranded at airports. The news just showed a woman sobbing because the airport misplaced her chemo therapy medicine 😭😭.
Then there's everyone who is trying to escape with cars breaking down on freeways. It's just so bad.
I'm so much just dragging myself up to sort through our belongings in the truck.
My head is killing me and I'm beyond fatigued , my legs feel like their on fire.
I'm going to just write lists to see what I need to do. I can't imagine if I had small children right now . God bless the young families.

My heart goes out to you Maria22. I don't know if praying will be enough but I'll do it for you anyway.
Don't forget to breathe...try to relax as much as is possible in the circumstances. Hopefully then your pain will be less.
Feel the energy from all of us here caring about you and your neighbours who chose to stay. X

Yes we are still thinking of you and your neighbours ..all those sick and disabled like the lady you mentioned at the airport ..its so traumatic especially for the less able, elderly or sick and how awful to breakdown..oh my what then.

It must be hard to even walk away and leave a broken down car on the freeway if you have saved hard to buy it then have to flee ...maybe have no home and no transport after the hurricane passes...or no way to get away until the car is fixed?

I assume the armed forces and police are already on the look out and helping people in these situations..i hope so.

Maria22 if possible go slow and factor in rest.

Thank You Peaceandquiet & Diamond
I texted my neighbor across the street and her Children are there now. I'm glad they are all together.
I don't think we will be able to go home for days? I don't know .
We have the weather channel on. I can't believe these people in the keys not leaving. They have shelters and people can bring their pets . The Governor has issued evacuations of many locations. The Senior homes are Armored up and secure, because it's been proven that it's SO traumatic for Seniors to be moved��. Families with limited $ can go to shelters, but more people s religious beliefs are also keeping them in their own homes. They are leaving it in Gods hands. Storm surge is beyond scary.
We already have horrible winds at our house. Since we are 3 miles from coast and 18 ft above sea level ( I don't know???). My
Neighbor sounded okay .
It's going to be a very long night.
Today after watching this storms path to make this whole drama worse it's path is currently forecasted to go right through this City Albany in Georgia ( 5 hrs to here for us fleeing)☹️☹️☹️��. I'm pissed
I'm just not about to leave again and start driving more north .
This is tops on my dramatic life. Only me again and the other millions in this storm. I just don't deserve this !!
Losing my motivation.plus I'm trying not to get too worked up for my pain management.
Your right Diamond about trying to slow this down. I'm going to try.
Thank You all again. I'm trying not to have more upheaval tomorrow when we find out about the house. I just don't want to have to face it.

I know Peaceandquiet,
I'm trying to just slow down . It doesn't help being here in hotel room watching this unfold on t.v. I told my Partner to shut it off.
We agreed to limited television tonight since we are powerless to any of it .
Thank You for reminding me of this.
I know we are fortunate beyond words to be safe here.
Tomorrow we can figure our next move . It's supposed to be tracking up into Georgia. ?? It will no way be as bad as Florida. But we will be figuring this out .
Thank You .

Hopefully by the time it gets to Albany it will be much reduced in strength..im so sorry you travelled so far only for the hurricane to change direction.
I hope when you wake up on Monday the worst is over and you can plan your next move.

Oh I'm wanting this night to end .
I have been texting two new friends from work . One has water coming in her back porch , the other is Scared ( very) from the winds .
They live in our area. I stopped texting. I ended up sending both of them numerous photos I took on my phone of flowers from Vt and Florida.
I couldn't do more . They both sounded totally freaked out .
As of 9:30 our house was still okay . I stopped texting our neighbor because she was talking about all the oak trees everywhere.
I sent her hearts and prayers. What else could I do . I assume we would have heard by now about the house . I know the whole area was under tornado warnings.
Will find out soon enough.
I'll keep you updated.
I think we are staying out tomorrow. Too worried about possible flooding rivers around here. They posted signs here in the hotel about the approaching storm.
We have time to figure out . Thank You Diamond, Your right about getting clear tomorrow. I'm up here very late watching this on tv. This pending storm surge is something that's bazaar . Rivers running wrong ways and ocean , bay waters receding.
Just keep praying

Thank You for Your prayers Hope4all

I'm praying for everyone !!! , thank god you are ok!! I was worry about my dad but I just found out that he's ok. Please stay claim as much as you can, save your strength , and please don't forget to eat or drinks. You can easily get dehydrated without knowing when things get crazy around you. Thinking about what you can't do will only make things harder for you. Focus about things that you can do now or will be able to do later is the best option right now. XOXO please stay well.

Thank You Tipnatee,
I'm so glad Your Dad is okay !
We woke up and found out that our house is okay. It's a mess there , but nothing we can't clean up.
We are leaving Georgia tomorrow to try and drive home. I figuring it's probably going to be slow.
I'm looking forward to some calmer times to come .
I will update soon .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back